Multi-Vitamins...what is a good one to take?

Options
I have been wondering for some time now what is a good multi-vitamin to be taking. I know it is already hard to get the proper amount of vitamins daily, but now I feel like I really need to be taking one with my newer healthier lifestyle. I'm sure I'm getting more vitamins then I was when I ate McDonald and drank pop but still does anyone have a great vitamin that doesn't make you completely nauseated (i know someone is going to say the Iron that causes this.. :-( ) when you eat it? I'm a 23yr old woman, in great health, get good sleep, not sick often. Just looking for a good all over boost...maybe one that tastes good. IDK.

Please & Thank you MFP users.

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    my dietitian suggests one that says complete on it such as sanatogen complete

centrum fruity chews is nice and other people like vitamelts

( im in uk )
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I take gummy bear vitamins. Because I love gummy bears.
  • Kiser_MD
    Kiser_MD Posts: 2
    Options
    There is a pill from Proactiv that's called VitaClear. It is a complete multivitamin and it has Anti-Acne support, so it also helps in clearing up your skin.
  • kedickey13
    kedickey13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions for vitamins, I did get the centrum fruit chews. They taste good and have all the vitamins and minerals I want to be in taking. THANKS :-)
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Most of multi vitamins at a super market have the same thing which is a little bit of everything. If you go to a store and buy the ones at gnc, or vitamin shoppe you can get stronger versions.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's a scam, it's not difficult to get all the vitamins you need if you eat properly. Save the money for something nice.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Eat a balanced meal full of fresh veggies and fruits. Your body is best able to process these nutrients over anything in a supplement (note that word... its supposed to SUPPLEMENT what you eat not replace).

Step 2: Measure where your meals fall short... in most instances, you aren't going to be missing many micronutrients and if you are, the difference will be marginal

Step 3: See if you can replace foods with other foods that have those nutrients

Step 4: If all of the above still leaves a deficiency, take ANY multivitamin you like... they are more or less the same.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I take a women's one-a-day multi-vitamin
  • sabrina19782014
    sabrina19782014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I take gummy bear vitamins. Because I love gummy bears.

is that the big kid in you? haha
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I personally take vitamins for specific things.
    Example: Iron and B vitamins deficiencies run in my family so I take an iron and a b complex vitamin (also cause I'm vegetarian). My birth controls main side effect is possibility of osterporosis in the future, so I take a calcium with vit D vitamin as well.