Hi All Im tired of being the funny Chubby girl

Options
Im sure Im not the only one. Im tired of acting like being overweight doesn't bother me. and just playing it off. I hope some of you will wanna be friends with me and support me as that would really help to be able to share progress and set backs alike. I really look forward to meeting all of you and hope we can all reach our final destination and not have to hate every skinny girl who walks by..lol. God bless.

Replies

• barefootfairy19
    Options
    Im sure Im not the only one. Im tired of acting like being overweight doesn't bother me. and just playing it off. I hope some of you will wanna be friends with me and support me as that would really help to be able to share progress and set backs alike. I really look forward to meeting all of you and hope we can all reach our final destination and not have to hate every skinny girl who walks by..lol. God bless.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou: ! you will find lots of support here!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • LittleSkittle
    Options
    Yes, Im new here and I know exactly what you mean. Im tired of it too.
    Welcome.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Coming here was a great first step in living a healthier life! :flowerforyou:
  • barefootfairy19
    Options
    I was also going to ask when is the best time to weigh? in the morning? afternoon? night? and how often should I weigh, about once a week would you say?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in once a week, as soon as you wake up, before eating or drinking anything, and after you go to the washroom (oh, and completely naked!!!). Some people weigh more often, and some weigh less frequently, so do what works for you. I do think you should weigh at the same time of day, and in the same state (e.g. dressed or naked) for consistency.

Good for you for starting on here!!!! You will soon be the funny and HOT girl! After I gained a lot of weight with my pregnancies, I thought I would just have to be chubby forever, but I said to h--- with that! I want to enjoy my life on the beach, looking good, and feeling good!!!

This program works! Just think forward as to where you will be in a week, a month, and in a year - you WILL reach your goals!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tacoman
    tacoman Posts: 40
    Options
    Just wanted to welcome you.

65461.png
  • karen1255
    Options
    Your message touched me and I noticed that we are at exactly the same place of wanting to lose 60 pounds. The difference is that I have 32 years on you! I have daughters your age and I totally understand how important body image is for you right now. How about a little challenge? You name the weigh-in day and we'll see if we can make a little sport of it! By the way, healthy eating (lots of fresh veggies, fruit, lean protein, very little dairy -- stick to plain yogurt and taking saw palmetto could really help your PCOS symptoms. All my best to you.
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options
    HI
    I just joined here too, and started tracking myself. I think you are making a great decision and remember YOU can do ti. Focus on yourself and being happy and healthy and the rest will happen. I have been up and down with weight; from my heaviest after my son was born, I lost about 50lbs. And then it was always "gain a few, loose a few and gain a few more".....but now, at nearly 40 yrs old, I dont want to play that game anymore!! All the best to you!
  • desperateloser
    Options
    :wink: you can do it :smile: