Weight hasn't shifted on ages, should I log walking?

Options
Hello there,

Bit of a veteran lurker here (3 years). I'm stuck.

I workout about 6 times a week, weights twice, running twice, circuits/power Pilates/trx once and normal Pilates once.

I mix up my workouts (even running can be intervals with speed or incline or just a long jog).

I was wondering if I should be logging my walks to and from work? I'm at sedentary as my fitness setting so I log how far I walk. I've used a heart rate monitor last week and it said I burned 300 calories (about 75 mins). When I don't have the hrm I under do this a bit (I say 60 so the cals are closer at 280). When I walk to the gym that's am extra 20 and from my bf that's an extra 25. This usually has me burning 280-500 cals on walking. I don't eat back. Should this count as part of normal life and be the reason I'm not losing? I have a third protien a third fat (nuts/fish etc very low sat fat) and a third carbs and I've cut out fizzy drinks and refined sugar (mostly, sugar tends to be 45-50g sugar total inc fruit and veg).

I'm going nuts here, I've read so many things and can't work out what I'm doing wrong :(

Any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You are missing the most vital information.

How many calories are you eating per day?
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    About 1750-1850. Mfp says I should eat 1720 (that's with the 250 cal deficit)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much. Do you weigh your food?
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yep, every gram. I'm at work most of the time. When I have coffee or tea both are sugarless and black.
    I am meticulous with it (I was anorexic when I was a teenager so logging food is conditioned into me now)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How much do you eat? I'd use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ so you don't have to worry about logging exercise... I think it just works better overall when you walk a lot.

If you're eating around what it tells you and haven't lost in weeks, I'd go see a doctor and have your thyroid checked or something.