Insanity workout question.

Options
This is going to be a kind of long post. I appreciate anyone who reads and helps me out with this. I currently weight 255 pounds and my goal is around 225

So for the past two weeks I have been going to the gym almost everyday. Sometimes I do miss a day. But if I do it's a cardio day. So I am going to Planet Fitness and doing their 30 minute circuit. I have deffinetly been getting strong and more toned in my arms and legs but I haven't noticed much improvement in the belly and chest area. Well a little bit, but not as fast as I would like it. My question is would I be able to do insanity workout every day and then gym. Or should I gym first and then go do insanity? Or should I replace cardi with insanity and do one day gym, next day insanity? I plan to keep doing the circuit for two more weeks then I will move to free weights.. I just wanted to be in a little more shape to feel confident. Also before every workout I take creatine and then some after the workout. I also have a aftershock protein powder that I take as well after a lift workout. If I do do insanity and gym the same day, should I take creatine before and after that as well? I need help haha

Replies

• glynie12
    glynie12 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hey there,,,,i am nooo expert and i have no doubt there are better informed people on here to answer your question, but ill give you my two cents worth!!
    i do a workout video and go to the gym. i don't intentionally plan a one day off from the gym, one day on regime but it seems to be working that way. if for some reason i don't make it to my gym then i absolutely do not miss my dvd workout. i have done both also in the same day. if i feel i need a little extra work or want to get my cardio up...that sort of thing.
    just don't overdue it. listen to your body. you will see results when you least expect it and if you keep it up, it will only get better!! i have one rest day per week and sometimes that fluctuates but i mainly like to have a sunday to myself to spend time at home with my husband. this week however, my off day was monday.
    i can't really help on the creatine side. i do have protein before and after an intense circuit tho as i feel its important for my body.
    sorry,,,hope it helps a little..haha
    g
  • Amnien
    Amnien Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for your input! I am probably going to end up doing something like that as well. I just wanted to see what other people thought, specially with the powders haha
  • mummyhill92
    mummyhill92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the insanity workout at the minute and don't do any other workout on the same day except alot of walking. Insanity is a killer workout on its own! If u feel u have energy to do the gym and insanity then go for it, but please don't over do it. Take care x
  • davidvr
    davidvr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have not tried Insanity, yet, it is tough. I do not recommend doing Insanity and another cardio on the same day. What I did was Insanity for three days, and instead of the recovery video, I did weight training on day 4. Then 3 days of Insanity, weight training next day, etc. I have also done weight training and Insanity on the same day once in a while. But, Insanity kills your legs, and if you go all out, you will not want to add Cardio the same day. May end up hurting yourself.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have completed insanity, and I too would not recommend any other cardio whilst you're doing it. The days where I had to do an Insanity workout then jump straight on my bike to go to work were an absolute nightmare :indifferent:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You won't know what to do until you try it. I personally COULDN'T do anything else along with Insanity.

And just FYI, if you are attempting to lose weight you are going to have a more difficult time when you are taking Creatine as it is a mass builder supplement. Just sayin.
  • Amnien
    Amnien Posts: 3
    Options
    Hmm. Oh well.. thanks haha. I really appreciate it guys!