New and looking for fitness buddies

Options
Hey everyone,

I just joined today and I've realized through my many previous weight loss attempts I tend to do better when I have people doing it with me, so I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who wanted to check in with each other a couple times a week, maybe all weigh in on the same day, threaten each other if we don't go to the gym only half kidding, that kind of thing. If so, let me know! Good luck everyone. :)

Replies

• durangogal
    Options
    HI! I'll work with you --- new to this myself, off & on for a couple months now. I usually stop in via my IPOD to weight check but on weekends get on the actual site! Write anytime!
    -Kathy
  • _Sarah_
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    hey! I just joined yesterday, seems like an awesome site. you can totally add me! :-)
  • mjvan55
    mjvan55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I've never seriously tried to lose weight before. It's creeping up on me and so I need to do someting about it. I'd love to join a group and sign in whenever agreed upon. Let's do it!
  • molina76853
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site has kept me motivated and encouraged. I have been on for two weeks and although haven't seen much of a weight loss, I do feel a lot better, more energy and more confidence. I only weigh on Tuesday's so can't wait til then! The first I joined I didn't log my food intake just my exercise, now I log all my food intake and exercise and do see how that has kept me accountable. Best of blessings!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Count me in and welcome! I've already lost six pounds doing this. My best friend Mary Ann is also a great fitness buddy. She and I weigh in on Tuesdays. Hate that, but it works! So I think you have to do a friend request, and then we'll respond to add you.
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome :)
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm fairly new to this site as well and could use some support & encouragement too! Feel free to add me as a friend :-)

Christine
  • robyn0629
    Options
    I'm kinda new too and would love to have you as a friend. Motivation is something I STRONGLY need!!:smile: