Need more calories but not hungry

Options
I hit my ideal weight last week after about a month or so losing weight.
The app was brilliant in helping me out and seeing what fuel i was putting into my body.
Truth be told I had little problem hitting my weight apart from a few hungry nights when I had to say no to some foods.

Since monday ive switched to maintaining weight. Im still fueling my body with the correct food, 5 a day, protein, fibre etc, doing cardio and started free weights.

My problem is I still have room for about 200-700 calories per day to intake, nearer the 700 mark on cardio days. I just dont feel hungry enough to eat and make up the difference, if i continue like this according to the app im goign to be down to 10 stone in 5 weeks, I dont want to do that, 11 stone is perfect for me and the body I want to achieve.

Any ideas of a food I could eat to help thats relatively healthy?

Last night I treated myself to a cheeese burger at the fair for the 1st time in a month but still came 200 cal short in the day.

Replies

• Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can always eat nuts it won't take up much space in your stomuch and it's healthy and calorie dense.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    ICECREAM!!!

Oh...you said relatively healthy. :wink:

Actually...protein & calcium.

I'm sticking with my first answer: Icecream!
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Peanut butter or seed butters. Regular food, not diet food. Ice cream. Nuts and seeds. Full fat cheese. Full fat dairy.
  • williamsmufc
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I actually had my Friday treat of a cream muffin and went 200 calories over :( 1st day in over a week I've gone over.

I will certainly try the peanut butter. Are we talking a tablespoon of it straight from the jar?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I actually had my Friday treat of a cream muffin and went 200 calories over :( 1st day in over a week I've gone over.

I will certainly try the peanut butter. Are we talking a tablespoon of it straight from the jar?

Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on toast. Or as stated above, ice cream.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Cook with more olive oil. Butter on toast, in eggs, on everything. Avocadoes. Nuts. Cheese. Small amounts of salami, bacon, sausage, or other (organic) cured meats. Full-fat cream cheese, yogurt, milk, and any other dairy. Flax seed in smoothies and on cereal. Brown rice, millet, or quinoa. Eggs. Have FUN! :)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily need to eat the calories back just to hit a maintenance target. Work up slowly rather than try to go to maintenance all at once, particularly if you were eating at a large deficit.

If you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat. You'll have days when you are hungry, and it's a whole lot less stressful when you overindulge on those days if you don't worry about it so much on days when you're less hungry.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    You can always eat nuts it won't take up much space in your stomuch and it's healthy and calorie dense.

THIS! Dry roasted almonds (without salt) are 170 calories per ounce and have 6 g of protein. They do have high fat content, but it's "good" fat.
  • Othelie157
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Spread on apple is good.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories, but be conservative, otherwise, the next thing you know you'll be back to your old habits.

I personally would not eat if I'm not hungry, have energy, and seem to be healthy. I would wait to see if I actually continued to lose weight.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    If you arent hungry. Dont eat. What if you are high on calories tomorrow and are still hungry? Listen to your body. Dont forcefeed yourself; maybe your count is off or a label is wrong. Great job on reaching your goal.
  • williamsmufc
    Options
    Thanks for all the info everyone.

I just find it strange that I've hot my target weight but continue to have a bit of a flabby stomach. I'm meant to eat to keep my weight but I want this stomach shifted.

It's really getting me down now
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options

I just find it strange that I've hot my target weight but continue to have a bit of a flabby stomach. I'm meant to eat to keep my weight but I want this stomach shifted.

You had a weight goal which you have achieved (well done) and now you have a new goal to aim for.
    Worth taking measurements, photos and tracking your body fat so you can measure progress towards body composition targets.
  • williamsmufc
    Options

You had a weight goal which you have achieved (well done) and now you have a new goal to aim for.
    Worth taking measurements, photos and tracking your body fat so you can measure progress towards body composition targets.

Thank you. I just presumed that losing weight would shift the stomach fat.

Am I missing something else in getting rid of this stomach?
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options

You've only been losing weight for a month. Now you need to tone, it's two completely different things. You won't get a 6 pack in a month.
  • williamsmufc
    Options

You've only been losing weight for a month. Now you need to tone, it's two completely different things. You won't get a 6 pack in a month.

I know this but to get a toned stomach you need to lose the fat? I could do a million sit-ups everyday but that wouldn't rid the fat
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I know this but to get a toned stomach you need to lose the fat? I could do a million sit-ups everyday but that wouldn't rid the fat

She didn't say toned stomach, because you are correct, that won't do anything for belly fat. Also that muscle there is relatively small compared to other bigger muscles that really burn calories all the time when used.

She was refering to making body improvements all over, and the fat that is left is used for energy use while your food goes towards improvements.

You've hit the issue of most diets - lost some muscle mass, and just kept a smaller version of prior self. Skinny fat is other term for it sometimes.

You want to eat at maintenance for sure, because that will allow body to make the most improvement, and strength train.
    Progressive overload, you want your body to have a reason to make improvements, and that's about it.

May see a shift of 1 lb of fat lost every 6-8 weeks that way, while weight stays the same.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    nuts, dried fruit or, my personal fave: dark chocolate