Fruit from Infused Water: How do I count the calories?

Options
Hi Everybody

I have been making and drinking herb and fruit infused water. Because I drink the water so quickly, I find myself continually filling my container up with ice, and a small amount of water very often. This has preserved my fruit for usually 4 days, which by then, the fruit has lost its flavor so I've been discarding it. Today I emptied out my fruit (strawberries) and decided to taste that. They were mostly a bit tangy and flavorless, but very refreshing and filling. My question is: How do I count the calories in these strawberries since all the sugar and nutrients have already been infused into my water? I asked Mr. Google, but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks!

Replies

• IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how much fruit to water ratio you're using, but I use about 1 cup of frozen fruit to one gallon of water. Its about 60cal for the whole thing. I pour myself huge glasses of water and usually drink the whole gallon in a day, so I just tack on 60 cal for the fruit. If you drink half a gallon in a day, I'd say 30 cal. I just use the whole fruit amount, then divide it. I toss the infused fruit out too.
  • PattyManuel
    PattyManuel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how much fruit to water ratio you're using, but I use about 1 cup of frozen fruit to one gallon of water. Its about 60cal for the whole thing. I pour myself huge glasses of water and usually drink the whole gallon in a day, so I just tack on 60 cal for the fruit. If you drink half a gallon in a day, I'd say 30 cal. I just use the whole fruit amount, then divide it. I toss the infused fruit out too.

I used a pint of strawberries to 3 quarts of ice and water, and there is 114 calories in a pint of strawberries. I would guess by my 3rd 3 quart fill up, all the calories from the fruit have already infused into the water, at least by my 2nd fill up. So to be on the safe side, I will give allow myself 57 calories for that pint of infused strawberries I just ate, lol. Ty!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I would log your entire pint of strawberries as you are consuming the calories either in your water or the fruit itself. If the water lasts you four days you can log 1/4 of the calories each day or log the entire pint on the day you consume the whole fruit. It will even out either way since our bodies go by average calories every few days, not strictly in a 24 hour period. I hope that makes sense lol.