Friday Gym Nights....

Options
SGM_Adonis
SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
Used to be I was ready to go out and hit the bars or a dance floor. Now....I look forward to my Friday gym session. It's empty, it's quiet and the chalk dust particles will be gently floating in the air. The bit of sweat will be trickling down the side of my forehead. My chalked up hands will be wrapped around an Olympic bar. Some Pantera will be blaring through my headphones.

What get's you pumped up at the gym?

Replies

• j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    All of the above sounds good to me. But no lifting for me tonight. Teaching jujitsu :smile:
  • unesemainedecruaute
    unesemainedecruaute Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lol. Totally identified by this.

I love the last week's training session: As the weight of the bar goes on, the weight of the week goes off. Same with the treadmill, when I hit it. It's like therapy for me.

And about the music, although I often listen to metal prior to workout, when I'm in it, I like rap, hip-hop or r&b. I just go with the beat.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Lol. Totally identified by this.

I love the last week's training session: As the weight of the bar goes on, the weight of the week goes off. Same with the treadmill, when I hit it. It's like therapy for me.

And about the music, although I often listen to metal prior to workout, when I'm in it, I like rap, hip-hop or r&b. I just go with the beat.

M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar...that's the joint...could listen to that on repeat five or six times.

I enjoy the treadmill, but nothing like that chalk dust flying around for me.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    An empty gym is a thing of beauty. Its infrequent occurance at my old stomping grounds ultimately led to my garage gym setup. Which is great, so long as I don't look at my beer fridge!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Yeah Friday night is awesome at the gym .. love it, so quiet, laid back you can just lose yourself and hit it hard.
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I normally go to the gym at 8:30 at night or so and stay until it closes.
    Fridays and Sundays are the best.
    Parking is a breeze, the machines and the weights are free. There aren't crowds of people and it actually smells better lol.

Normally the people I see there, go everyday and we nod in acknowledgement, happy to have the gym to ourselves.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My gym here is always packed on Friday night until around 9-10pm. Same with Saturday. Only Sunday evening is empty.
  • unesemainedecruaute
    unesemainedecruaute Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar...that's the joint...could listen to that on repeat five or six times.

Man that guy got it o-k for sure. Lol. I'll be adding it to my playlist.
  • parker0303
    parker0303 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

The best.

Also enjoy Fri/Sat nights at the gym - the only other people there are the ones who mean business.