I need help with the Fitbit

Options
I just got a Fitbit and have been having a blast with it tracking my progress. But I also have an account on this site, i want the two sites to merge and from what I have seen it can be done but no luck so far, Does anyone have any suggestions.

Replies

• Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    saw an online article yesterday, maybe on msn?, that they have a recall for causing skin rash and burning..... please google it.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Are you using the dashboard on your PC or your phone?
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    saw an online article yesterday, maybe on msn?, that they have a recall for causing skin rash and burning..... please google it.

That's the Fitbit Force :)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit and have been having a blast with it tracking my progress. But I also have an account on this site, i want the two sites to merge and from what I have seen it can be done but no luck so far, Does anyone have any suggestions.

I'm not really sure... I got the Jawbone up and certain things merge but not everything.... If I enter exercise here or there they don't merge from either place... Neither does food.. Only over all totals as far as calories and fats and carbs and such!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options

FYI: Recall is ONLY for their FORCE unit and that is NO longer being sold in stores

OP did you connect things thru the MFP APP page under FitBit? Also check out MFP's FitBit Forum, lotta info there as well.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One and have it syncing with MFP. Go through the MFP app menu and link the 2 accounts. Syncing is not instantaneous, so it might take a while. Also, I chose not to enable negative calorie adjustments. I only get calories added from FitBit when FitBit calculates my daily calorie burn to be greater than what MFP estimates it to be.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What works for me is the following.

Synch FB to MFP. Have MFP set to sedentary and enable negative adjustments.

You will see a credit for your activity recorded on fit bit on your exercise log.

If you do other activities that FB does not accurately record such as weight training, cycling etc, you can log it into MFP and it transfer the data across. Anything you manually log onto MFP will just update into the Fitbit site.

Works a treat for me like this.

There is a Fit Users Group here also which is good for sharing information. Hope it helps. Donna
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well crap... Now I wish I had gotten a FitBit....

If I enter exercise here it doesn't transfer to my jawbone and if I log on my jawbone then on here it looks like I did no exercise...