What kind of snacks do you have on your eating plan?

Options
13»

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins once.

vinella or chocolate whey protein in whipped cream with no added sugar was a good snack
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Homemade cheesecake
    granola bars
    all bran muffins
    Dove dark chocolate
    fruits
    popcorn
    raw vegetables
    hummus
  • 6Vampire6Kitten6
    6Vampire6Kitten6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Prunes or low-fat,egg-free,sugar-free multigrain breadsticks.Sometimes pancakes too.I make them without butter or sugar,just a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a heaping tablespoon of honey in the batter.They are sweet enough and don't need additional honey or syrup or butter. Maybe next time I go grocery shopping I will buy some corn for pop-corn too and raisins.I really miss chips or gyros with tzatziki or chocolate though....Why,period,WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????

Edited because instead of separating the snacks I miss with the word "or", I put "and" between them and it looked like I miss a really weird disgusting compination of all three. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i've just been throwing the little marshmellows and chocolate chips on grahm crackers and putting them in the oven for 12 minutes. yea for ghetto smores!
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate, cocoa orange Nakd bars, Pulsin maple crunch protein snack, apple with nut butter to dip it in and greek yogurt with granola. I just packed my bag for my night shift and nearly all of those are in there :love:
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Fiber one protein bar coconut almond (almost as good as a candy bar. Yoplait greek yogurt, apple slices with PB2, dark chocolate popcorn or nuts. And sometimes a small glass of wine (I miss having wine when I want it) :smile:
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Keto Snacks:

90% Dark Chocolate (maybe once or twice a week max)
    Full Fat String Cheese (once a day)
    Pepperonni (once a day)
    Natural Peanut Butter (few times a week)
    Quest Bars (Cookie Dough, one a day or none some days. Only if not hitting protein macro)
    Vegetables (celery, salad, broccoli etc.)
    Fat Bombs (only if needed to hit macro, mostly don't need it)
    Peanuts
  • ktkdmommy
    ktkdmommy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love almonds, kettle corn (only 15 cals a cup!) laughing cow lite cheese (35cals) and I love just snacking on turkey lunch meat. 3 slices are usually around only 50-60 calories. hummus & veggies as well.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Trail mix, fiber one bars, occasionally a Smart Ones sundae since they're the same calories as the fiber one bar.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I snack a LOT. My regulars:

Jacob's Salt & Vinegar Oddities (little baked crackers - 115cal)
    Nutrigrain Strawberry (or blueberry) Morning Bars (133cal)
    1 Wheat Biscuit with 60ml fat-free milk (116cal)
    Rivita Crackerbreads (19cal each)
    Bowl of pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, pomegranate seeds (cals vary but so low!)
    Hartley's 175g Jelly Pots (10cal)
    Aero Chocolate Mousse (94cal)
    100g vanilla icecream (170cal)
    Harvest Chewee Toffee Cereal Bar (91cal)
    Sour Cream & Chiver Propercorn (89cal)
    Jacob's Iced Gems (99cal)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I most commonly snack on carrots if I want something filling, clementines or mango if I want something sweet, sliced pear with chili powder (not the spice used in cooking, but a powder I bring home from Mexico) and lime if I want something savoury. Sometimes I'll also make smoothies as a snack—I use almond milk or coconut water and sweeten with dates and they're always under 200 cal for 16 oz. Dates filled with organic peanut butter are nice as well, very decadent tasting.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Also lollipops. I haven't been having as many lately, but my profile picture reminded me, of course. They were a big one when I first quit smoking.
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mmmm They all sound so good! Thanks for all your ideas... Now I just have to figure out what ones have 5 or less grams of sugar... I appreciate your imput so much everyone!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I try to only snack in the afternoons.. We eat breakfast about 8:30 so lunch isn't that far off, and I can usually handle it.

For munchies I depend on:

a couple tablespoons of low-salt dry roasted peanuts (watch out! They contain SUGAR as an ingredient)
    Almonds; I buy them raw and roast them myself in the toaster oven.
    half an apple, sliced into 4-5 pieces, with some peanut butter
    4 graham crackers with hot coffee or tea
    1/2 container of non-fat greek yogurt (50 calories)
    Low-salt triscuits and a slice of cheese
    popcorn
    1/4 cup Kashi cinnamon crunch granola & 10 semi-sweet chocolate chips.

I don't keep too many snacks around.

It's too easy to fall face-first into a bag of something and never come up for air.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT live without tortilla chips- dont ask me why, no clue! But otherwise...
    -air popped popcorn
    -bananas
    -turkey roll-ups with mustard
    -black olives and pickles
    -when I was not allergic to dairy, I used to a LOVE laughing cow cheese wedge and 5 crackers
    -small banana smoothie with a 1/2 banana, ice, cinnamon, unsweetened coconut almond milk and 1/2 tbsp Trader Joes Better N Butter Peanut Butter
    -to satisfy a sweet tooth, I will have 2 tbsp of Luna and Larrys Coconut Milk Ice Creams (Mint Galactica...looking forward to trying their Cherry Amaretto)...The ice cream is so unbelievably good but it is REALLY high in calories. Luckily a few licks can satisfy my needs!
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What is protein pudding?

Here is what I make..

Sugar-Free Instant Pudding 4 servings package
    2 cups of cold skim milk
    2 scoops of protein powder (usually unflavored)

Mix protein powder and milk thoroughly in shaker to ensure protein powder is mixed in.
    Then follow pudding package directions using the protein powder milk mixture as the liquid

Each 1/2 serving will have about 14g of protein depending on the protein powder you use.

Can do something similar with Sugar-Free Jello.
    Dissolve Jello with 1c boiling water
    Let it sit for 5 minutes to cool
    Mix 2 scoops protein powder with 1c cold water
    Mix protein powder water into cooled dissolved jello
    The protein powder tends to settle towards the bottom, but doesn't affect taste

Do you think I could make it with Almond milk? I have a milk allergy, and am lactose intolerant so I have to be careful how much milk I drink or ingest in other foods... Seems like I tolerate milk cooked in items better than drinking milk.... I haven't had a drink of milk in probably 40 years, but I do make pudding, have ice cream once in awhile etc.
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Snacking is the only way I can stay on track! I love snacks! :-)

Greek yogurt mixed with PB2 and honey
    Red kidney beans with garlic powder, diced onion and Asian sesame dressing
    Low sodium deli ham spread with a bit of low fat cream cheese
    Apples, frozen grapes, strawberries
    Bell peppers
    Kale chips
    Popcorn mixed with dried cranberries

It's amazing to me...the longer I do this, the more I crave healthy snacks instead of potato chips.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley brand granola and protein bar
    Banana
    Yoplait Yogurt
    sugar free chocolate pudding (if I'm real desperate and it goes great with a banana)
    nuts