Am i doing right?

Options
Mfp told me to have 1200 calories net. I ate 1824, burnt 564 and had net of 1260 (60 over recomended)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    As a man you really should have your calories higher. Set your weighloss lower to .5 pounds a week. 1200 calories is not enough for a man unless you're 4 ft 9. But yes you should eat those exercise calories back
  • Numannhaque
    Numannhaque Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have tried putting my net calories up but then i don't lose any weight, been stuck on same weight for 2 weeks now :-(
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have tried putting my net calories up but then i don't lose any weight, been stuck on same weight for 2 weeks now :-(

You should try to stick with the same thing for at least four weeks. Also, how long have you been trying to lose weight? Do you weigh and measure everything? What exercise are you doing and are you just using mfp's estimate for calories burned?
  • LeighTaylor97
    LeighTaylor97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing. Didn't change for a couple weeks, but it did eventually break and I've been dropping consistently every week since. Although I am eating 1200 cals, but I am a girl, and short.

Just keep going. And try not to adjust things too quickly.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Men should definitely not net below 1800 (even this is very low).