Please help need motivation and advice

Options
I started a diet 2 weeks ago and so far lost 4.6 kg (10 lb) very happy I have not done any exercise yet I just can't seem to get the motivation and really don't know where to start I'm now at 86 kg (192lb) and after 3 kids my skin and weight just isn't what it once was ( muffin top, lose skin, obese ) so what I'm asking is there anybody that can give me advice on a beginners workout at home I own my own treadmill, cross trainer, rower, ab circle and weights plus willing to buy a kettle bell and do squats a really good fat burning and toning routine would be great thanks for any help you can give me feel free to add me and keep me motivated

Starting weight 91.2 kg
Current weight 86.6 kg (2 weeks in )
Goal weight 65 kg

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you have a great start with all o that equipment!

I had the same problem when I first added exercise to my life...where do I start??? I spent time researching...trying out a few things to determine what I was able to do...but didn't have a workout routine.

I dawned on me one day...I was spending more time trying to figure it all out and researching than I was exercising. If research counted toward fitness...I would be a world athlete! So...I just started doing something...changed things as I went...added some...deleted some. After 7 months...I still tweak my workouts as I find things that I enjoy doing.

Just start with what you have...walk...row...do some weight training...etc...etc.

I do resistance training twice a week...it is not my favorite thing to do but I know that it is necessary. I love to walk so that has become my primary focus....working on distance and speed. If it is cold or rainy...I do walk in place inside. Right now for endurance I am doing the C25K program...so far...just inside. My knees are not the greatest and at this point don't know if they would take the pounding that jogging/running on pavement would cause...so I modified it to fit where I am in my fitness program.

That is my point...just do something and make it work for you until you can find a program to follow...start out by just moving...doing something.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Have a look through the MFP database. There are tons of entries- never know what you'll find to inspire you.
  • tarz4brez
    tarz4brez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great advice thank you :happy:
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I would check out YouTube for some good beginner workouts. My general approach is 1) find exercises you enjoy, 2) do said exercises, 3) try to increase speed or repetitions, 4) repeat and change as needed. Good luck!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I personally started with something I liked...Wii just Dance cause I love to dance...it was great.

I did a squat challenage and loved the results...

Moved to 30 day shred video...it was hard at first but loved the results...

Did 30DS x2...then....I found it...

Weight lifting...

It's great...I am getting strong, losing fat and feeling great.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • tarz4brez
    tarz4brez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes wii dance that is something I can do and love doing and the kids do to thank u :bigsmile: