So very glad I took pictures!

Options
So here goes ... I'm a little nervous about posting this but I thought it was important.
I never believed 'don't believe the scales' and have been a serial three times a day weigher for many years. I have recently thrown my scales away after getting very depressed that I wasn't losing any weight even with exercise (more on this at the end of my post)

I've had three children in 5 years so my figure has taken quite a beating. I decided this year to finally get in shape and ACTUALLY DO IT this time.

I decided to knock my hate of exercise/lack of time to exercise on the head and start running first thing in the morning (groan)

I've been going every other day, run/walking between 1-3 miles depending on how my body is feeling. I have a serious love/hate relationship with running now and today was one of my hate days. It was raining, windy, my legs hurt and I just didn't manage much distance.

I came home in a grump.

I came on my computer to log my workout on mapmyrun and email some pictures of my kids to my parents. As I was looking through my pictures I found some pictures I took of myself at the beginning of the year to be able to track my weightloss. I thought, what the hell and took some more this morning, fully expecting to look the same as I still weigh the same.

I was knocked sideways by the difference.

I hate having to show my stretchmarked stomach to the public but I actually want to shout out loud DO NOT BELIEVE THE SCALES!!!!

WIN_20140101_192123_zps10915a02.jpg

f191b1f9-31bd-4771-b295-493cff22c40f_zps6e00767f.jpg

So yeah...feeling pretty good about myself right now! Will enjoy my run much more next time!

Replies

• kellyroberts1
    kellyroberts1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    struggling with posting pics ....
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think you need to resize them.

But man, I can see the difference.
  • kellyroberts1
    Options
    Done, MFP could do with a 'preview post' option!
  • DiniFive
    DiniFive Posts: 3
    Options
    That's fantastic, what a difference! Awesome job.:smile:
  • Lemonshake
    Lemonshake Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! That really is amazing!! Congratulations. You can see the difference the hard work is making!!
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You've earned those stretch marks. They are your mommy tiger stripes! I can certainly see a difference in the baby belly and I hope you are feeling better too. Keep up the great work. You are doing an awesome job!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wanting the scale to move is like DRIVEN INTO OUR SKULLS!!
    Makes you feel good when it goes down.
    And I'll be damned, you feel like crap when it doesn't!!!!

But your pictures scream PROGRESS!

Glad you took them too!
    Great job with preserving lil mama!
  • kellyroberts1
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone, I hope to be posting one ones soon!

You guys rock :)
  • gr8tfulmomof2
    gr8tfulmomof2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I really needed this this morning since my scale didnt know the number I was hoping for at weigh in! I have religiously taken pics of my progress and it is nice to be reminded that the scale sometimes lies and its all in how you feel!! Congrats!
  • kellyroberts1
    Options
    That is what I was hoping for with my post, I actually can't believe it!

Wish I'd taken a pic of my legs now!
  • sharonlvinson
    sharonlvinson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I really needed that to make me get up and get my exercise done this morning. Thanks for the motivation.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference!!!! :):) Congrats!
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    you have a lovely figure and a beautiful tum x
  • kellyroberts1
    Options
    I ran very happy today thinking of what a difference it is making!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That is seriously awesome. very motivating :) your stomach has changed drastically. im having trouble losing my lower belly pooch lol
  • kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done! it's so easy to not see the changes that are happening. So pleased for you!
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!