Insanity 60 Day Challenge

Options
Hey, everyone! So I am a woman and this is my second attempt at doing Insanity. I have tried it once before but stopped two weeks in because my diet unmotivated me! ( I wasn't really considering my calorie intake so I gave up...DUMB, right?!) Anyway, I have always had trouble losing fat on my ARMS and STOMACH. I am generally a 'thin' person, but, like everyone, I have some problem areas with lots of fat.

My question is: If I follow the nutrition guide and follow the 60 day Insanity schedule, will my problem areas, especially my arms, decrease in size? And, how many inches off is attainable? If anyone had an issue with their arms and has successfully (or even not) shredded some fat please tell me if Insanity helps! I just really wanna rid these 'bat wings' as some may call them!

Arms: 11.5 inches
Stomach: 34 inches

Replies

• mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity twice: first I did it back in 2012, for two months. It was indeed the hardest workout I had ever done, but I did it without making any changes in my eating habits at all. Still, results were noticeable, and I lost about 14 pounds in 2 months. I wondered what kind of black sorscery it was :)

As I said, I didn't change my eating habits, stopped after the 60 days, went on vacation and a lot of other things happened, so I went back to my original weight and shape.

Then, I started doing it again on January 1st 2014 (yes, day after New Years Eve) as kind of a New Year's Resolution. I planned my own weekly routine, based only on the Month 2 workouts, ignored the default Insanity calendar, started tracking my calories and netting 1500-2000 per day. Now, I was supposed to finish in February, but I keep doing it because the results are just TOO GOOD. I lost weight gradually, but evenly, in every part of my body.

What I mean is: you can do Insanity, not eat so well, and still get results. That's the truth. But I REALLY advise you eat healthily, be disciplined, workout everyday you need to, and if you skip a day, do it on your rest day. You will be AMAZED by the results, I almost literally have Shaun T on a pedestal.

I think Insanity is 90℅ motivation, and 10% physical ability. If you're fat, and your tired of being fat, and want to really change your life, you'll stick with it. That's why you hear all those average-bodied people saying it's "too hard" and quitting.
  • VanillaSmile427
    Options
    That is great to hear!I started insanity today! Day 1! I am sticking with my calories and eating pretty healthily so I'm excited to see results. Day one "fit test" was hard enough... and yes I agree, it's mostly mental.. our brain quits before our body does.... :D
  • Krys052490
    Krys052490 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Insanity gets its name honestly. Several months ago I tried insanity and lasted 3 days. I have no doubt about it's abilities to change a person's weight / body.

Note: I can NOT work out at home. It's just not in me, I'm one of those people that has to go to the gym and for that SOLE reason I didn't do insanity.