How to complete an MMA/Boxing style weight cut?

Options
Hi everyone, I need your help. I have a weight loss challenge with my buddy and the weigh in is next week. I'm down nearly 30 lbs but the goal was 45 in 6 months. I know this is cheating but I'm wondering if anyone has the recipe for a 10-15 lbs cut. I totally realize this is a short term, unhealthy route to go but there's 200 bucks on the line! Specific amounts of water to not drink, foods to avoid, totally calorie per day, etc is good info.

Replies

• bigblakey82
    Options
    lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    lol

:bigsmile:

Seriously though, I wouldn't recommend doing this type of cut unless you don't care about keeping the weight off.
  • bigblakey82
    Options
    as mentioned in the OP, this is strictly for the bet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would not do a severe mma/boxing style cut as they can be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. You can safely drop a few extra temporary pounds by dropping carbs a few days before the weigh in however.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    these cuts are done under medical professional observation. dont attempt it, you'll putting yourself at risk of getting very weak. Is 200 bucks really worth (in the worse scenario) fainting while crossing the road and getting run over? Or while climbing stairs and cutting your head open? You have no experience and no idea what you are doing. Just hope the other guy had a harder time getting 30lbs off.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Your best "bet" was to not accept this challenge. Leave the weight cutting to "actual" fighters that have done it before, and know what they're doing. You could do some serious damage to your body by going this route.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    harming your body for $200. cool.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I totally realize this is a short term, unhealthy route to go but there's 200 bucks on the line! Specific amounts of water to not drink, foods to avoid, totally calorie per day, etc is good info.

if this was for a couple grand I could see the logic in it ..but 200 bucks to win "unhealthiest diet of the year' …no thanks..

I would recommend staying away from Vegas...
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Rather than focusing on MMA you might want to re think your current career path if you are 31 years old and $200 means this much...