Exercising at home with animals isn't easy

Options
ljs385
ljs385 Posts: 44 Member
I like going to the gym, but for the days when I super done in at work, I thought it would just be easier to work out at home through a youtube video....

Unfortunately I forgot about my bloomin' cats! They get completely in the way by:
- running under me when I'm trying to do a plank
- running through me when I'm doing jumping jacks
- attempting to stand on me when I'm doing crunches

ARGH! :explode:

Anyone else suffer from animals trying to sabotage them? :smile:

Replies

• Jenpickrell
    Jenpickrell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh yes! my dog will sit right next to me and lick my face/bite my hair for every sit up and running?! forget about it. He doesnt bark at people, he makes this crazy screeching sound that makes it sound like im killing him and people give me crazy looks.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Ha..I remember when hubby and I started doing P90X last year. We started doing it in the apartments we were in at the time. We have a 3 year old pitty mix named Buster. Well...we were beginning the Ab video when all of a sudden Buster comes over and lays down on his back between us. Hubby and I couldn't finish the workout because we were laughing so hard.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I keep stepping on one of my cats because he thinks it´s a great idea to stand RIGHT behind me when I do dance workouts... No learning progress... Sometimes it´s his tail, sometimes his foot. He yells at me like i was going to kill him...:noway:
  • abarefootgirl1970
    abarefootgirl1970 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Indeed. Floor work is always a challange.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    omg yes. My pit mix thinks it's cuddle time when i do a plank..
  • TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My cat is a real life garfield , eats poops sleeps , never gets in my ways lol
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My pets think that when I work out, it's play time. If I set a weight down, my cat will lay on it. If I'm struggling with wall squats, my dog comes to my rescue by jumping on my legs. If I'm using resistance bands, he'll suddenly decide he wants to play tug or will try to cover my face with kisses. If I'm doing anything on the floor, he'll either lay on me or attempt to put a toy in my mouth. If I'm punching or kicking, he'll bark at me and excitedly follow me across the floor.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 pound yorkie and a 1 1/2 pound Chorkie.... They are both attached to our feet because they have such bad seperation anxiety.... I have to put them in their travel boxes when I work out or Id squash them like bugs
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ha..I remember when hubby and I started doing P90X last year. We started doing it in the apartments we were in at the time. We have a 3 year old pitty mix named Buster. Well...we were beginning the Ab video when all of a sudden Buster comes over and lays down on his back between us. Hubby and I couldn't finish the workout because we were laughing so hard.
    Haha, my dog has done the exact same thing to me while doing that video. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't finish either. It was just too adorable.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Mine think my yoga mat is a pet bed. The second I put it down a dog or cat comes out of nowhere and occupies it.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    - attempting to stand on me when I'm doing crunches
    {snippage}

Anyone else suffer from animals trying to sabotage them? :smile:
    It's not sabotage..they're just 'adding resistance' :bigsmile:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    One of my dogs tries to join in if I do a 30 Day Shred video. She'll stand super close to me and just stare at me to try to figure out what I'm doing. When I do a yoga video, she'll lay on the floor next to me the whole time lol.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    When I read the title of the post I had a vision of someone juggling hamsters!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    No it certainly isn't.
    My pitbull lays on my legs, hovers over me, and prances around if I am on the floor.

When I was outdoors working my first pitbull on agility I tripped and broke my ankle, and fell to the ground. As I lay there, she ran over to me, pulled off my wool cap, and ran into the neighbor's yard. Well, that was one way of getting attention and help for me!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The cat likes to rub on my head and use me as a bridge when I do planks. I've had the cat hanging on my arm while doing pilates hundreds. The other day the dog laid on one side of my yoga mat and the cat on the other while I was doing mat work. I guess it just makes it more exciting.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My cats used to do things like that when i was doing a lot of cardio & videos, but these days i am mostly just lifting and they stay out of the way. I think the weights scare them....but the little buggers will sit & stare me down the whole time, no doubt waiting for me to finish up so i can feed them or otherwise attend to their needs
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did an outdoor bootcamp one summer...someone's dog came running over, grabbed a colleague's mat and ran away.

Maybe you could do bicep curls with a cat in each hand.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    They aren't sabotaging you. That's encouragement.

My siberian husky dog tater wakes me for a 1.6 mile walk at 0500. Although I walk another 2.6 miles and climb 20 stairs to commute daily, tater wants to play soccer e era night and another 1.6 mile walk. On the weekends we play non retrieving fetch for 4 hours at the dog park. He only brings the ball halfway back. I have to walk over. Bend down and pick it up. If i stop, tater barks at me. My friend pat has co.passion on me and started playing fetch with tater so I didn't get yelled at. Now tater barks at patrick too. Tater only look soft and fluffy but he has the soul of Jill Ian michaels. He's my fur son Al trainer.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    not a pet, but an almost 30 pound 2 year old. he likes to push my knees together and slide down my legs face first and his head mooshes into my belly and then he can flip. couldnt get it on camera. also crawls under me during a plank, runs off with the resistance band, thinks the mat is his personal dance floor, and "helps" me count my reps, by counting 1, 2, 8, 9, 7, 1, 2, 9, 7, 8, 9, 9, 9, 1, 2.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    This particular cat (in my photo) likes to get on the treadmill when I am walking fast on it and she ends up zooooooooming down to the end and jumps off!! Have to get a video of it!! Plus my other furballs like the yoga matt too....especially to stretch and scratch on it!!! Go figure!