Juice Detox???

I saw an ad on twitter a few days ago about a 5-day juice/smoothie detox that helps you lose fat, water weight and fully hydrates your body? I was wondering people's views?? It was £80 for 5 days I think it was, so I thought I'd check before purchasing anything! Thanks!

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Any ad you see on twitter for weight loss is BS. Don't waste your money.

1) Weigh all the food you consume

2) Drink lots of water

3) Exercise at least 30 minutes a day

4) Log honestly
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    I view this add as just another weight loss gimmick.

Your body does not need detoxing. Unless you're on drugs or have been poisoned, your liver and kidneys detox your body naturally.

The only way to enjoy sustained and valid weight loss short of surgery, is to eat at a deficit.

Save your $$$ for the smaller size clothes you'll be buying when your weight drops due to your own diligence.

Good luck!!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    It's just a way to get your money. Figure out your tdee, eat at a deficit and you will lose weight. You don't need to buy a thing.
  • Thank you :) xxx
  • I meant one of my friends posted that they'd done it on twitter, & thanks!
  • Thank you'!
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    I would expand to say ANY ad you see ANYWHERE on weightloss that promises fast results with minimum efforts is a fad.

You have a detox system in your body, it's called your kidney. No need for anything else.

Drink water, eat what you consider healthy, at maintenance or deficit depending what you want, and bam, same result, buit you still have your 80
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    I saw an ad on twitter a few days ago about a 5-day juice/smoothie detox that helps you lose fat, water weight and fully hydrates your body? I was wondering people's views?? It was £80 for 5 days I think it was, so I thought I'd check before purchasing anything! Thanks!

"lose fat" Nope, just water weight because they usually contain diuretics and/or cafeine.
    "hydrate body" that happens normally as well, as you eat food and drink water/tea/whatever.

Just eat normal food, don't waste your money. You can make your own smoothies if you like em.