Post long-run binge ideas

Options
Ok marathoners...just did a 20 miler, hit Wendy's on the way home for some fries, now I'm sitting here after a shower fantasizing about what I'm going to devour, but not sure what to go for...need inspiration and creativity on "spending" those 2700 calories.

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Haha. I always have A protein shake before I shower. It takes the edge off so I can be reasonable with my cravings. Otherwise I would be out looking for a cow to kill and bbq.

Also nice profile picture.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Not a marathoner but I would have a nice BIG grilled steak with a baked potato (loaded)!
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    Haha...nice profile pic as well.

Whats the fun in reasonable...I usually dedicate a solid 3 miles to thinking through my post run fatkidathon. Currently the AYCE Sushi Buffet is tops on my list.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    big, nice steak with sweet potato fries
    warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Those over 18 miles long runs makes me hungry... ALL WEEK LONG! It's insane!

As for day of the long run goes, I usually change my mind around 6 times... Too many options! :)
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I try to take I a few carbs along the way either a banana or some gel but after it always starts with generous amounts of protein and water.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's a tuff one cause I'm not usually hungry right after a run of that length, it comes a few hours later which is good as I can fill that hunger void with either my regular lunch (A.M run) or dinner (warmer run). If I need to munch its usually some blue corn tortilla chips, I love my salt. Run well and eat better!