How many calories are burned in insanity?

Options
I would like to accurately log in my insanity workouts but everywhere I look it's says something different. Anyone had any ideas?

Replies

• BadAssBeast
    Options
    best idea would be to purchase an hrm. Then you will know what your body burns doing such an activity. Kudos to you for doing Insanity *thumbs up*. Not sure my knees and back could handle it
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Heart Rate Monitor suggestion. Number of calories burned varies widely from person to person because of fitness level and intensity. I'm one of those people that seem to burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes no matter what I do. But, I learned that by using an HRM. Insanity is a tough workout, I wouldn't be surprised if you burned 250-300 calories per half hour.
  • butterflyknife
    butterflyknife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just to add to the two answers above:

You can't just get any old HRM; it has to say that it counts calorie burn. Also, the number an HRM gives for calorie burn is pretty much useless unless it is a model that allows you to set your VO2_max manually. If you get an HRM which doesn't allow you to do this, you will find that it reports FEWER calories burnt for the same workout as you get fitter!

I recommend the Polar FT60 - it even includes a built-in VO2max test, which appears to be quite accurate from my investigations.