Exercising at home with animals isn't easy

Options

Replies

• tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My bully starts out thinking that I'm playing with her, then she gives up and goes to sulk in the corner and shoots me these horrible looks that make me feel super bad. God forbid I get down on the floor, the process starts all over again. Sit ups? She gets a toy, runs to me, and lays across my belly until I play with her. I can usually wrangle the toy from her and throw it, but she always comes back. xD
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have long hair and wear it in a braid when working out. Push ups or crunches have added resistance since either one of my cats lay by my head and tries to catch the braid and when he does, he holds on. Since each cat is 16 lbs, he is not moving when I am moving. If the mats are not out, they both just sit on the couch and watch me.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Ahh these stories are so funny!!! My bulldog sits directly in front of my face when I'm doing downward dog. Or if I'm doing 30 Day Shred, he steals me weights and runs away. Of course, lots of kisses whenever my face is in licking distance. It's so hard to stay focused when I'm trying not to laugh the whole time!
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Aww, your kitties just want to help! Work with them, that's what I do. My kitties love it when I do yoga and all that. They tend to stay out of the way when i do 30DShred or belly dance. If they're really a problem, just hiss at them when you're getting into whatever position you want to be cat-free in. Sounds like they're trying to make it more challenging, they want you to be in excellent shape.
    ;)
  • squiggysmama
    Options
    LOL funny you should post this -- after I am recovering from my little pug jumping in the middle of my stomach as I am trying to do crunches this morning ;) Yes, they love to help :) My kitties and dogs love to be in the middle of what ever I am doing. Exercise is no different. Just relish the fact that they love you, and you're their everything. And move them to the side and try again :)
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    My cat generally leaves me alone but I tend to let him hang out on the porch when I'm doing kettlebell swings. I'm scared that he will walk in front or back of me when I'm mid swing and he would wind up with the exercise related injury :).
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My dog once puked on my exercise mat. Not sure if all my hopping made him dizzy or he was commenting on my form. Anyway, I discovered my jump rope scares him - he hides under the bed, so I pull that out and he leaves the room now :laugh:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    In for gifs. But no gifs:sad:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My dogs don't bother me on the elliptical, but we all know cats are annoying as hell.... shut them out of the room, or stick them in the garage or something.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My cat freaks out when I try to do a plank. She will lay down and stick her face right under mine look up at me and just meow. Then she will jump on my back and lay down. Hard enough to hold my own weight up. Let alone a cat. Still love mine though.
  • Lobnakhaled
    Lobnakhaled Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was about to step on my cat once while doing high knees :laugh: she ran out of the room like zoom!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Someone said gif!!!

giphy.gif

funny-gif-cat-tv-guy-exercises-crunches-situps.gif

Great stories guys!! Unfortunately, I don't have a furry friend to keep me company during workouts...
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes! My giant person sized dog likes to lie down on my yoga mat. It's really cute, but super frustrating sometimes.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    My 85# Shar Pei/Lab mix thinks it is play time. He nips at my legs. If I do jumping jacks.... he bites my butt!!! Needless to say I have to lock him out of my room!!!
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My 90 lb boxer rebel used to come stand by me when i was through with my routine , abs were always last and he knew i needed his help to get up miss him like crazy
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I call my cat my manager - she has to be right by me - whatever I'm doing. If I'm on my treadmill - she's right beside me. If I'm on my bike - she's right by my feet. The best is when I do weights - she 'helps'. When I'm doing push-ups she crawls under me - when I'm doing weighted lunges she likes to pounce on me. Doesn't make me angry - I think it's funny - she's so darn cute I can't get mad at her!
  • csontos
    csontos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The moment I put down my yoga mat, both of my cats are on it. If I try to shoo them away, they howl like I'm murdering them. Little *kitten*.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Anyone else suffer from animals trying to sabotage them? :smile:

When I'm rowing my Staffordshire Bull Terrier keeps trying to bite the strap as it passes, or tries to get his nose in under the seat..
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My dogs tend to start fighting right in the space where I do turbo. Basically...if they get kicked or stepped on - it is their own fault.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I like going to the gym, but for the days when I super done in at work, I thought it would just be easier to work out at home through a youtube video....

Unfortunately I forgot about my bloomin' cats! They get completely in the way by:
    - running under me when I'm trying to do a plank
    - running through me when I'm doing jumping jacks
    - attempting to stand on me when I'm doing crunches

ARGH! :explode:

Anyone else suffer from animals trying to sabotage them? :smile:

Please, if you land on them once or twice.. they will learn very quickly