Calorie question

Options
Hey everyone. So i'm currently doing t25 beta phase and i'm suppose to eat 1200 cals according to the quiz i made. But the problem is i'm a 5'5 (166 cm) and 120 lb (54.5 kg) which is 8 lb ( 3.5 kg) from being underweight. My body fat percentage is 21.2. I'm just looking to lose some fat around my waist ( muffin top! ). So my question is, should i continue with 1200 cals till i end t25 or should i eat at maintenance?

Replies

• fluffyfour
    fluffyfour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance, but try some exercises which concentrate on your waist.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would focus on eating at maintenance because you don't want to lose weight overall, but do strength training overall to firm up, which will help with the body fat percentage issue of having some extra weight around your middle. Unfortunately, you cannot target a specific spot for reduction, but it should make a difference.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I would focus on eating at maintenance because you don't want to lose weight overall, but do strength training overall to firm up, which will help with the body fat percentage issue of having some extra weight around your middle. Unfortunately, you cannot target a specific spot for reduction, but it should make a difference.
    ^This.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Lobnakhaled
    Lobnakhaled Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll try upping my calories a bit and see how it goes :).