activity tracker and adding exercise

Options
chichic77
chichic77 Posts: 24 Member
I am pretty confused! If I set my profile to sedentary (because I am not on my feet all that much except my 1 hour workouts 5 days a week.) I have a withings pulse tracker and synced it to my myfitnesspal account. Now, do I also add my workouts in or they are automatically calculated through the syncing??

Replies

• melneu
    melneu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If synced with My fitness pal then you should not have to add in your exercise . It will send it to your My Fitness Pal automatic after completion .
  • chichic77
    Options
    Ok thanks. That's what I thought. Otherwise you are over calculating calories burned which would give you more calories to take in and that would prevent you from losing.....
  • melneu
    melneu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Correct , I always go back in to my exercise and make sure that it added the calories burned .
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you are doing any type of aerobic high calorie burn exercise or something that doesn't require a lot of walking (weight lifting, squats, stationary exercises, bike riding) then yes you want to manually input those into MFP because your tracker will not register those items if you are not moving much. I wear a tracker and when I do high impact cardio I wear an HRM which actually shows an accurate burn that can be two times higher than my tracker and when doing a lot of weight lifting my HRM also shows a higher burn because I am not walking as much.

If you manually add an exercise into MFP it will override your tracker calorie burn at that time just make sure to input your start & stop time accurately. (it will also change your calorie burn on your tracker website to match for that time).

If your exercising consist of walking or running which is step based then you do not have to log separately into MFP your tracker should be accurate.
  • chichic77
    Options
    When I do the spin bike I take the tracker off. I will add that manually. I do kickboxing, walking, spin bike, and elliptical plus strength. Thanks for the help!