60 yrs old 100 lbs to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• livelaughlove384
    Options
    congrats! welcome to MFP! as long as you put your mind to it, the weight will come off! Best of Luck!
  • Jolukingud
    Options
    Hi Katie!! I just joined MFP a day ago, so I'm still learning. I was looking at the recent posts and thought it would be nice to find someone in my age group - I'm 63. I have been battling weight issues for a long time and I want to get to a point where I'm not doing that anymore. I was a member of Weight Watchers and decided to check out some of the free tools to lose wt. I have lost 26 pounds so far and am trying to lose another 80. I would luv to have someone cheer me on along the way and also be a motivator as well.
  • Jolukingud
    Options
    Would luv to help however I can. I just joined a day ago and thought it would be nice to chat with those who are in my age group. I'm 63 and will be 64 next month. I'm still learning how this whole thing works and would appreciate all the support I can get. Please add me as a friend!!
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and have lost 23lbs since March by doing the 5:2 diet that doesn't seem like a diet at all. Feel free to add me, although I haven't done much logging over the last week as I have been seeing if I can still lose weight without calorie counting and guess what - I can!!!!!
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was sixty when I started almost a year ago. I have lost 72 lbs. walk 3 miles a day ride my bike and lift weights. I work at a full time job of waiting tables at a very busy Chinese restaurant. I take no medications for all the problems they said I had before I started. My blood tests all have come back excellent. It can be done at any age. If you want add me as a friend.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am 64 and have lost 100+ pounds. You can do this. Add me as friend if you'd like.
  • sshocking
    Options
    Am 61 and need to lose 100 pounds. I am desperate. Lack of time is a major problem. Work 2 jobs -- 1 full time and 1 part time. Husband with celiac disease and in clinical trial trying to slow progression of a rare type of leukemia, so I have lots of stress. Only health problem is rheumatoid arthritis, but is under control with plaquenil. Any and all suggestions very much appreciated.
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! I'm 60 as well, and started with 100 pounds to lose about a year ago. I'm down 18. It's happening slowly, but it's happening. Friend me if you want.
  • tljones63
    tljones63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome, This is a great way of watching what you are eating and how much excerise you are getting. I'm Tammy and I have 50 pound to lose. What kind of excresie do you like to do ? I've been riding ex bike and doing some weight lifting. I just started but have lost 2pounds so far. I also like to walk outside. Add me and tell me about yourself