Do you ever wish...

Options
You had all this support in real life? And you could talk your calories/exercise/feelings with people face to face and not feel like an idiot? I do, lol! I have no friends who are fat like me, & really no girl friends! So I'm very happy for MFP! :)

Replies

• carmendownes01
    Options
    This is real life! We're all here to support each other!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    YES! Between mfp and facebook and one other social network I'm a part of, I feel like that's where I have the most awesome friends/support. My husband and I have moved around the states a lot and we've only lived back in Utah about 3 years now. We have a few awesome friends that live here, but it's been hard (especially with the culture here) to make a lot of them. The support would be great in person. :) I would LOVE to meet some of my friends here one day.
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Take support from wherever u find it
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    i completely understand and agree with you...most of my friends are thin and eat whatever they want and pretty much suck when it comes to weight support...my best friend is an awesome support system and notices everything but she is great...otherwise the rest of my friends are horrible...back when i lost a lot of weight a few years ago i had lost like 35 lbs and i was looking pretty good, but none of them ever complemented me on how i looked, and they can never understand what its like for me when i go out to eat and have to look up the calories in something or when i choose not to eat the cake because i've already gone over my cal. count...this place is amazing because- if for nothing else- i can say whatever and ppl understand!

Thanks MFP friends!!!!
  • imagin002
    Options
    yes, lol... that's why I love this site...you kind of feel annoying after awhile talking about weight loss with your everyday friends and family, but I can ramble on and on about my weight here, and nobody cares...because that is what everyone on the site is talking about!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    YES I DO!
    My husband and his family are used to the bigger side of life, so to speak lol.
    I've lost about 40 pounds and all they do is get on me now.
    I'm by NO means thin but they are always getting on me about running and what I do (and don't) eat.
    This is why MFP is a godsend to me.
    There are people I can talk to about running, avoiding sweets, and how to keep those calories in control with rolls of the eyes and people saying, "No...you should be eating more actually. In fact, have this giant double double hamburger and fries!"
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    YES I DO!
    I'm by NO means thin but they are always getting on me about running and what I do (and don't) eat.
    There are people I can talk to about running, avoiding sweets, and how to keep those calories in control with rolls of the eyes and people saying, "No...you should be eating more actually. In fact, have this giant double double hamburger and fries!"
    I have people at work that do that to me. "You're fine," they say. As if they know what's best for me already. Yes, next to them I look fine, but I really am not. That's gotta be irritating when they say that stuff.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    yes, lol... that's why I love this site...you kind of feel annoying after awhile talking about weight loss with your everyday friends and family, but I can ramble on and on about my weight here, and nobody cares...because that is what everyone on the site is talking about!

YES! I have already had one close friend tell me that I am "obsessed" with losing weight and working out. I protested and told her all the reasons why I'm not, but she still believes that I am. So I don't talk about it with her anymore. Maybe I am a little bit obsessed. I guess it's better than being obsessed with something bad, like Big Macs, birthday cake, crystal meth, etc. LOL
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    YES I DO!
    I have people at work that do that to me. "You're fine," they say. As if they know what's best for me already. Yes, next to them I look fine, but I really am not. That's gotta be irritating when they say that stuff.

I feel what you're saying. I am part of a 5 person Team at work...ages 23, 30, 31, 32 and 44. I'm 43 and I'm the "exception". My definition of "exception" is 264 lbs and these other guys are slim and trim. So, I have to work a little "overtime" to get slim and trim. Trust me, I feel what you are saying!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    You had all this support in real life? And you could talk your calories/exercise/feelings with people face to face and not feel like an idiot? I do, lol! I have no friends who are fat like me, & really no girl friends! So I'm very happy for MFP! :)

You will fins this site full of great information and very, very supportive and understanding people! Feel free to add me to your friends list and I will do the best I can to support and encourage you!

Cheers!
    Don