Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

trying a new tool to get re-motovated

Hello! i have been working out a tteh gym for about 1 1/2 years. I am currently 13lbs down from my original starting weight. In the beginning i was really good about what I ate. over time I have been less motivated. I'm hoping this website wil help me out.

Any good, quick breakfest suggestions. I"m so tired of oatmeal!

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Hi, I usually have either plan yogurt with some low fat granola or Van's whole grain toaster waffles with almond butter.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I like eggs- some times scrambled with cheese or sometimes I use it as a way to get some veggies in early in the day- esp peppers, onions and spinach.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    I have been buying the oscar meyer fully cooked bacon, 4 slices is 70 cal and then I but the walmart great value egg whites and those are 25 cal per serving (3 tablespoons) I usually have 3 servings of those. So 145 cal for breakfast and it fills me up!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    I have been buying the oscar meyer fully cooked bacon, 4 slices is 70 cal and then I but the walmart great value egg whites and those are 25 cal per serving (3 tablespoons) I usually have 3 servings of those. So 145 cal for breakfast and it fills me up!

Got to love the OM fully cooked bacon. Something like 15g of cholesterol too, for those that worry about that stuff.
  • Try breakfast cups_
    4 oz turkey sausage or crumbled turkey bacon
    1/2 c green pepper
    1/4 onion chopped
    5 large eggs or 1-1/4c egg whites
    1/2c shredded low fat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325, coat 6 cup non stick muffin pan with cooking spray
    Cook the sausage peppers, onions for 5 min
    Spoon mixture and cool slightly, stir in eggs
    Divide mixture into 6 muffin cups, sprinkle with cheese. bake for 20 minutes

Use for a couple meals.
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Good old fashioned bowl of Rice Krispies and skim milk. One piece of toast with fat free strawberry jam and a tall glass of water.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    I like eggs- some times scrambled with cheese or sometimes I use it as a way to get some veggies in early in the day- esp peppers, onions and spinach.

eggs are egg-cellent in the morning. I use 1 whole egg and a couple of egg whites, throw in some peppers, onions, mushrooms and just a little bit of cheese. Deeelish! I also make my own granola (which is also yummy) and have that with 1 cup of fruit 1/2 cup of fat free vanilla yogurt and 1/4 cup of the granola on top. Nothing like a good breakfast to get you going in the morning. :bigsmile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    hard boiled egg, greek yogurt, kashi cereal, protein shake
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    I usually have lowfat organic vanilla yogurt with frozen raspberries. It is delish!

Back up breakfast is steel cut oats or the Arnold Sandwich thin toasted with a VERY thin layer of peanut butter and sometimes a banana. It's yummy and the peanut butter keeps you full.
  • What I love is... 2 slices of wholemeal toast, 2 poached eggs and 2 slices of bacon with lots of tabasco sauce for the metabolism and a large glass of water. Did me no harm!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Try breakfast cups_
    4 oz turkey sausage or crumbled turkey bacon
    1/2 c green pepper
    1/4 onion chopped
    5 large eggs or 1-1/4c egg whites
    1/2c shredded low fat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325, coat 6 cup non stick muffin pan with cooking spray
    Cook the sausage peppers, onions for 5 min
    Spoon mixture and cool slightly, stir in eggs
    Divide mixture into 6 muffin cups, sprinkle with cheese. bake for 20 minutes

Use for a couple meals.

These sound delicious do you think it would work to double the batch and maybe freeze and do a quick warm up in the microwave?
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    WOW, Ya'll are awesome! I will defiantly use some of these suggestions. I love the breakfast cup and greek yogurt with frozen raspberries ides. Especially on work days. I hate getting up in the morning any usually grab something to eat at my desk.
  • teresaprid
    teresaprid Posts: 6 Member
    I love the Kellogg's Fibre Plus bars when I am rushed. I keep some at work and in the car most of the time to avoid the temptation of stopping for fast food when I am out. For breakfast, I add some string cheese or a cup of Soy Slender soy milk. I have trouble with reactive blood sugar levels, which is why I have to add some more protein. These bars are even a good substitute if I am wanting a sweet.
  • teresaprid
    teresaprid Posts: 6 Member
    I:happy: