New...motivated, and Determined

Options
I am 49 years old, and weigh 327 lbs..as if that isnt bad enough, i am only 5'3... Not a pretty picture. I went to the Dr today and found out that i have type 2 diabetes. That is NOT acceptable to me. I have been way too lax about my health for way too long. The Dr told me about this site...it sounded good, so here i am. I am looking to lose 100 lbs. I know i should lose even more than that, but the thought of trying to lose more than that is too daunting atm. i will see how i look, and more importantly how i feel when i lose 100. I am looking for friends that log daily ( as i will), that have a lot of weight to lose (so we will be here for a while for support), and people that need/want support but give it as well. Please add me .

Replies

• Nandy82
    Nandy82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want :happy:
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am in a very, VERY similar boat... too short, too round and (feeling) too old :wink: Just before the holidays I had my Type II diagnosis and decided it was time for the diet game-playing to stop. IT'S ON. I have probably at least 130 pounds to lose but am just focusing on that first 100 for now.

Both of you ladies fee free to add me, I've been using MFP off and on for a few years but just got really serious these last few months. I'm not usually on the boards but log in form the phone app most of the time. I'm going to make sure to check in here more often, it's very motivating and inspiring just when you need it most.

Yay, us! :happy:

Margaret (DucklingtoSwan)
  • kzzr
    kzzr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request

55890411.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools