SUPER ANNOYED AT MYSELF

Options
K so.... I haven't been keeping track of my sugar intake because I generally do really well, or so I thought. I changed my nutrition settings today to show my sugar and it turns out I have been doubling my suggested ammount of sugar per day.... Now I am wondering if this is why I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks. I am going to keep an eye on this sugar thing! Anyone else have this problem and notice any weight changes after being made aware of it?
Thanks!

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Is it refined sugar or natural sugar found in fruit?
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well, It is sugar in things like yogurt and I had some dental work done so I was eating jello and the gluten free italian tapioca rice bread. I just find my sugar is really high:( It frustrates me. I don't get why my weight is at a stand still right now.
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I too noticed that with myself. I was reading about sugar intake in a magazine and changed my settings. I too was not loosing any weight, but once I started watching the sugar intake, I again started dropping the pounds. Good luck and I hope it helps :)
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you guys are talking about added sugar, or if you are including fruits. I seem to average between 50 or 60 grams of sugar just from consumption of fruits. There are other sugars in my diet too, like in my cereal. But I don't worry about the sugar from fruit... do you think I should be worried?
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    you kno w i did the very same thing right at first and paniced untill i realised there is a big differen ce from the sugar of a apple andsugar of a candy bar. So i personally took off the sugar counter because i feel there is good sugar and bad so if i know im eating good sugar no worries. Think about it how sad to have to pass up a apple because you will go over sugars. apples are great just a example. but thats me
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    A LOT of the GF food have VERY high sugar/starch/carbs. Tapioca is a HUGE culprit of all 3! I don't really "watch" my sugar anymore, I just make better choices in foods. If it has high carbs, it has high sugar & I keep myself in check over stuff like that. I've found some GF treats that are not too bad (Pamela's Ginger Snap cookies, UDI's Gluten Free Bakery, Tinkyada or Notta Pasta) although I eat that stuff very rarely. I try to stick to Mission extra thin yellow corn tortillas for making sandwiches & wraps since it's 80 cals for 2 tortillas as opposed to 140+ calories for some bread.

Also, change up your foods: mix up your exercise, give your body something to work for: keeping myself on my toes seems to be working for me :flowerforyou:
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A LOT of the GF food have VERY high sugar/starch/carbs. Tapioca is a HUGE culprit of all 3! I don't really "watch" my sugar anymore, I just make better choices in foods. If it has high carbs, it has high sugar & I keep myself in check over stuff like that. I've found some GF treats that are not too bad (Pamela's Ginger Snap cookies, UDI's Gluten Free Bakery, Tinkyada or Notta Pasta) although I eat that stuff very rarely. I try to stick to Mission extra thin yellow corn tortillas for making sandwiches & wraps since it's 80 cals for 2 tortillas as opposed to 140+ calories for some bread.

Also, change up your foods: mix up your exercise, give your body something to work for: keeping myself on my toes seems to be working for me :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the support. I know the gluten free foods are high in sugars and I had been staying away from them....for a while. I think this has shown me that I am starting to slip back into my old ways of eating and I need to smarten back up again. I need to stick to my veggies, fruits and lean meats. That processed gluten free stuff is just NASTY.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yes it is! Well, not ALL of it: a little treat sometimes is nice, but I'd rather eat the simple foods I ate 9 years ago when me & my sisters were first diagnosed: there wasn't such thing as gluten-free in early 2000/2001. It was steak, chicken, fish, potatoes, rice, fresh veggies & fruit.

I have a rule now: I am allowed a treat when I really feel like it: like if I'm really craving pizza or bread or cookies, I can have a little: But I don't keep it stock-piled in the house anymore. If we go grocery shopping, I'll see some cookies or breads or something & tell my fiance "look, I can eat this!". His response (since I asked for his help to help me control myself) is "do you REALLY need it? Didn't you just tell me you fit into an old pair of smaller jeans?" That pretty much reminds me to put it back, I don't need it :happy: