Anyone want to start the 30 Day Shred with me?

Options
I fell off the exercise bandwagon again (work and school got busy, i'm in finals week) and I wanted to start it up again after my final, so on monday. I figured it'd be easier to stay on track if someone else was starting it do so we could make sure we hold each other accountable for exercising that night! Any takers? I'll start it regardless but I just figured it'd be nice :)

I'm looking to lose 40 lbs overall but that will take time.

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I will :) How are you working it? Any plan on rest days or anything like that I should know? I have it on my laptop and have never gotten through the whole thing before
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. I also started 30DS a few weeks ago...got to Level 1, day 7 or 8 and stopped. So I'll try it again :-)
  • rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'll try. Again. I never do stay with it, but I should definitely try.
  • lll70
    lll70 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm up for it, I need 'work out friends'.
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would but I really like having the ability to sit down on a toilet and walk down stairs. lol.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've done the Shred once before and am currently on Level 2 of going through it again. I'm a huge fan of Jillian's workouts (obviously) and I'm shredding to try to ease myself back into short duration exercise before I go back to some of her longer workouts. You will hurt, definitely, but it is possible to keep going and stick it out. I do not skip days when I do the Shred. Also, don't be surprised if you lose inches before/instead of pounds; that's what I've experienced and it seems to be common with Jillian.

Best of luck to you!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I will do it with you. I did it once before (modified it a bit) and was going to do Ripped next but I'm not strong enough for those moves. I'm going to quit it and start 30 day shred. Will be nice to have others doing it too :)
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS yesterday. I plan to complete it but will probably only do that workout 3-4 times a week. I also do the JM Kickboxing Fast Fix and elliptical. I tend to get bored easily with workouts so I like to switch it up!
  • fitnessenchanted
    fitnessenchanted Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the 30DS on Monday or tomorrow, depends on the schedule
  • chahiro
    chahiro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will! I've done it before but never got pass level 1.
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested - but only 4 days of the week as well, the other 3 I've committed to other workout plans
  • 515513_sissie
    Options
    Count me in!!! I have not done It for a while - I normally go gym - however as this is only 20 minutes I will do this aswell!!! Summer is only around the corner!
  • victorianm
    Options
    I will do it with you. Been looking to start it Monday. Done it before. It's good
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a bit of Jillian's 30 day shred but can only commit to 5 days a week due to other commitments...i'll just do it over a longer period (6 weeks) to get the 30 days in :D
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. There is a 30 day shred group on this site. There is a pretty active accountability thread going on right now. It makes it a little easier to find if you join a group I'm on Level 2 day 3. Enjoy!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have started the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, and I gave up after a few days. Her workouts are great, but doing the same routines and hitting the same muscles every day for a week didn't leave me enough recovery time. I've got all but a few of her DVDs, and I use them now to mix up my usual lifting program, or I do workouts of different DVDs for a few days in a row. I've memorized a lot of it, and some are ripped and put on youtube, too, so I can do them in a hotel room when I travel. I train 6 days a week. No excuses...uhmmm...
    Out of personal experience, it would be ok for a first-timer to stick with the easier modifications and lighter hand weights (pushups on your knees and such..), to make sure you can take the pain....and stick with it... It will get easier. If an exercise is too difficult, just work one that you remember from the previous week, or repeat an exercise over. As you are moving along and putting in your time, you are ok.
    I don't like Jillian's meal plans much, though. I would prefer she would add more of the macros and calories, so I can make my own and avoid places like Subway (not sure, but I think she had a few like this in there..)
    Good luck!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I'm starting 30day shred tomorrow hopefully when if it arrives on time! :) anyone else joining also feel free to add me
  • beahealthybee
    Options
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow, if my cold's better enough!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow, if my cold's better enough!

snap!! add me! :D
  • lll70
    lll70 Posts: 2
    Options
    i don't use much of this site. How do I find this group or join?