new to this site

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and am trying to figure things out. I use sparkpeople as well but the site hasn't been working very well for me. I'm not sure if it's our computer or the site itself. I just turned fifty and my goal is to lose 11 more pounds by June 21st. I'm looking forward to meeting people and together reaching and maintaining our goal weights.

Replies

• sabrina19782014
    sabrina19782014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there, im also new to the site, i have 69lb to go before i reach my target,
  • sandysophianickels
    sandysophianickels Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina. I've been setting small goals to reach my bigger goal. I orginally had 20 pounds to lose this time but I've taken 9 off using sparkpeople. Sometimes change is good though so I'm trying different sites to see how it goes. It takes time to figure things out though.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going in settings and set your diary to public. That way people here can see what you are doing and offer advice.
  • sabrina19782014
    sabrina19782014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yes it does Sandy, I use runtastic to measure how far im walking ( i cant run), i find that very useful as it tells you how many calories you have burned too
  • jetrock
    jetrock Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All! New again. My first time I did put my heart into it. But now that I'm at my highest weight ever, I'm disgusted. I do have sleep apnea and just assume this is the reason for my weight struggles. I do exercise and try to eat healthy, but my very busy work life contributes to my struggle as well. I need to get this wait off. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose weight for my hols in June. Joined yesterday. I used to be slim until I became veggie 18 months ago. Good luck with the weight loss. :smile:
  • arene0717
    arene0717 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Sabrina,
    You can add me as a friend and I can help you out as much as possible. I'm down 22 pounds with 20 more to go.
  • janetlashaye
    Options
    Hello I am new to the site as well. Today is my first day. I will lose 90 pounds. That is my goal. Good luck everyone.
  • titch4ma
    titch4ma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy - I'm new to this site as well. I am 60 this year. I do attend a Weight Watchers session once a week at the hospital where I work but since Christmas I have found it so difficult to get really motivated in tracking. This App looks great and has given me the motivation that I need. I still need to lose approx one and a half stone ideally so I have a little way to go. Chris
  • janetlashaye
    Options
    Thant is amazing. Congrats.