Lose fat, gain muscle help me

Options
No gym I'm a broke college student and all I have is a treadmill in my basement sooooo...someone help me on how to start and what to do ~ is it impossible for me to achieve?

Replies

• One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What about adding some body weight exercises in to add strength routines to your cardio sessions? Google has thousands.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello! Check in youtube for videos from Jillian Michaels. Ripped in 30, Yoga Meltdown, Shred it with weights... They usually come on DVDs, but people ripped those and posted them.
    Jillian does routines with hand weights or kettlebells, but all of them can be done with water bottles (filled, of course). There are many demanding body weight exercises, but she has one of her girls show modifications, so you can work your way up to the difficult moves. Depending on the size weights you use, there is plenty of resistance to tone your muscles. You won't need a lot of space to do the workouts, either. The first few times, I was coughing out my lungs. You'll be torching some fat, for sure!
    I started out with 2x 5 lbs dumbbells, one 8 lbs kettlebell, and a yoga mat that I got cheap at Walmart. I since graduated to 10 lbs dumbbells and a 15 lbs kettlebell.
    Have fun!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Look up the following programs:

You are your own gym
    Convict Conditioning.

These are both body weight based programs. If you have no access to weights I'd go this route.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

You are your own gym
    Convict Conditioning.

These are both body weight based programs. If you have no access to weights I'd go this route.

These are excellent. I also loved NerdFitness.com's beginner body weight strength training. It put me on the road to lifting heavy.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

You are your own gym
    Convict Conditioning.

These are excellent. I also loved NerdFitness.com's beginner body weight strength training. It put me on the road to lifting heavy.

^ All of that. If you do have a little money you can also buy a sandbag and use that. What about the university gym?
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What about adding some body weight exercises in to add strength routines to your cardio sessions? Google has thousands.

^ yes.
    and when you are 'done', comfortable/over with the body weight exercises, you can get a resistance band... cheap, and superb!
  • VICTORAPAZA
    Options
    FRIEND ESTO TE AYUDARA AQUI TE DEJO EL LINK
    http://tinyurl.com/kyrlp68
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!