My 1 year "fitiversary"

Options
addean1
addean1 Posts: 119 Member
1 year ago I decided it was time to stop "playing" with getting healthy, and really DO IT! I played with myfitnesspal pal for a few months, and lost some weight, but 1 year ago today I committed to logging it all, the good days, the over on calorie days...everything, My counter won't show 365 days, because some of those days were without wifi- at our cabin, camping etc. there were a few days when I was in the backcountry without the ipad and didn't log- a day of backpacking in Yellowstone, a canoe trip, a day of kayaking...(yah, I defiantly burned more calories than I ate those days). But I got back on when I was back to civilization, and tried to remember what I ate those days.

Now for the fun part. I'm down 67 pounds and maintaining since November. And here's a few progress pics.
Face shot:

image-9.jpg

image-8.jpg

I did a few triathlons, even at my heaviest weight, and can't wait until this summer to do one and see how much I've improved. My oldest son is on the cross country team at high school, and convinced me to sign up for a half marathon race this June. So I've taken up running. And love it!

image-7.jpg

Maybe I'm the only one, but I had a hard time finding pics of me at my heaviest, and the ones I did find, I was trying to hide behind people. I noticed I'm still doing that, even these latest pics taken yesterday- I'm hiding behind my sons so no one can see me. I don't need to hide anymore!

image-11.jpg

image-12.jpg

A huge thanks to myfitnesspal, and all my friends who are so supportive!

Replies

• alyceonlife
    alyceonlife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring journey! Congratulations and keep it up!
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. I'm sure your sons are so proud of you.

Here's to keeping up with your family during their active teen years. :drinker:
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Hmmm the pics are small, and if I try and make them bigger they get fuzzy. Oh well!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !! You look healthier and happier :smile: Keep it up , you are on the road to success :happy:
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Changes. Amazing!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. Very inspiring!!!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your accomplishments! I am signing up to do my first half marathon in November! Yikes! :indifferent:
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Its a inspiration to here your story .I'm planning on running my first 5k this year at 51 or maybe 52 by then.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!