Struggling on sundays...

Options
So recently i've found that throughout the week I stick to my goals and eat healthily etc but every sunday I tend to struggle to maintain this and its frustrating to work so hard all week to then ruin it right at the end. Does anyone else find they have one day thats tougher than the rest? What do you do to stop it?

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I feel it the most on Sundays as well. I think for me it is mostly because the whole family is home and 'relaxing' and between myself, my partner and my kids there are a lot of different foods being consumed and it's easy to slip off track. I swear I almost cried in the beginning when my hubby would have toast Sunday mornings (last summer went gluten free for migraine relief) I would be so jealous.

My favourite way of trying to tackle it is to save some of my favourite most tasty healthy foods for this day so I can get excited about what I eat instead of give in or get frustrated. Or simply I make it work in my macros and calorie goal, most of the time making something from scratch which A takes time away from eating and B means I can make it as healthy as possible. Today it's banana chocolate chip gf muffins Mmmm :)

Good luck.
  • findingfitness101
    Options
    Yeah I think it is the aspect of being relaxing and the day everyone stays at home, I don't do much on Sundays so I seem to be in the kitchen a lot. I think I struggle to differentiate between actual hunger and boredom hungry too. I don't want to make every sunday a 'cheat day' to get around the problem so I think I may try your approach! thank you and those muffins sound incredible!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I try to go out for 2 one hour walks on Sundays. Otherwise I would eat everything in the house. I also use Sundays to make meals for the week ahead so that keeps me busy too.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was radically changing up the routine. I have to get out and walk a lot on Saturdays or plan activities with my family so that I have something to keep me occupied. I also stopped drinking more than 1 glass of wine on Friday and Saturday nights -- that helped a lot!
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    And - if you like to cook - what about doing meal prep on Sunday afternoons? Having some time to do that is really relaxing for me, and it helps keep me busy. Even chopping veggies and sorting them into containers for the week can take a while, and it really helps to make healthy options accessible for later in the week.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I know for me it's hard because I'm very structured during the week...I have lunches pre-prepared for work, and something for dinner waiting when I get home. On Sundays I have access to everything in my fridge and cupboards so it's easier to just graze all day...and sometimes that's what I do instead of 3 meals. I think the key is to keep healthy snacks around. Also Sundays I do yoga, and try to fit in a weights or cardio workout too.
  • NewMsT
    NewMsT Posts: 33
    Options
    As a teacher, Sunday is my prep day for the week. I am making plans, grading papers, getting activities together, etc. As long as my hands are occupied I won't eat. If I don't have any work to do I will work on a crochet project or read.
    Since the sun is beginning to come out here I am also getting outside more. Loving it!
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sundays are my prep day and the same meal every Sunday. Baked chicken with enough baked for Monday and Tuesday. Breakfast is usually late due to sleeping in and workout. It also seems to shorten my day. Bedtime is early due to getting up early on Monday.

Saturdays are my bad day as the meals are not as planned due to all the running around and chores scheduled. Getting up early (left over from the work week) and staying up late. Also hubby picks dinner for Saturdays and not always calorie friendly. During the week I only have to worry about myself as we work different shifts.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My "social" days are a nightmare. So Friday and Saturday.
    Always loads of wine, friends and nibbles :/
    I am yet to find a solution....