Junk food after eating healthy

Options
For all those who have changed your diets for the better, what is a binge like for you? Do you even like the taste anymore, or do you even want it?

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My form of snacks is not mixed nuts instead of potato chips and low fat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. :smile:
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is. Usually if we go to a fast food place I feel very sick from all the grease. Even if I choose the "healthier" options. If I have chips or a piece of cake I have no problems. But I had 2 timbits last night and I burning sensation in my throat later that night.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes I still like the taste. :) I still treat myself. I am not going to never eat junk again in my life which is where moderation comes from. Moderation is what keeps me sticking to my lifestyle change.

But at the same time, I LOVE healthy foods and the taste of those as well and I never used to.

The only thing that doesn't sit well with my now is any carbonated drinks. Anything very bubbly. I've been drinking water, ONLY water, since June. Except for a random glass of wine here and there. Anything extremely bubbly, like soda or the sparkling cider I had yesterday gives me very bad gas bubbles and cramps.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    For me with just starting the "eat clean" diet I don't have a problem with craving the bad foods however if someone tempts me with it knowing that I am trying to eat strickly clean it's very hard for me. I can go to the grocery store and not be the least be tempted to buy "junk" however it's the people around me that like to challenge me! Sometimes it's easy for me to avoid however sometimes I give in... For the first week it was really hard, I was goin thru a CARB withdrawal! I was craving carbs left and right, however that only lasted for a week. It's no longer bothers me.

Plus during week two I ate some not so healthy foods: stromboli and fries needless to say it made me feel sick... So after so long of eating clean my body didn't want it. If you switch to eating clean then after a week or two your body shouldn't crave it and if it does then if you eat it, it may make you feel sick...(from the toxins)
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    had little ceasars and a piece of birthday cake yesterday and feel like crap today. almost feel hungover.
  • NatureRunnerGirl
    NatureRunnerGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is. I tend to not like the taste of anything processed anymore. I can taste the chemicals.
  • jperry902
    Options
    I still think junk food tastes amazing. lol