Taking pictures along the way?

Options
I'm wondering if taking pictures on a weekly basis is a good motivator for people? Has it worked for you and should I try it?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is exactly what I did along the way. Sometimes, when I felt like it was too hard or nothing was happening. That picture was the driving force to remind myself something was happening. Another great motivator is mindset. You have to want it for you.:)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've been taking weekly pictures. The changes are tiny so far but they're there :)
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im doing monthly full body pics, and have an instagram where I post gym selfies at every new weight loss i hit. Its like my own little trabnsformation gallery.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them sporadically....

Since I am doing monthly weigh ins now maybe I will take one on the day I weigh in.
  • delicately01
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies:) I think I'm going to try this.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I never took before, during, after or right now pictures (on maintenance). I just guide myself by the scale, clothes, and how I look in the mirror, and I take my measurements twice or three times a year, if I remember.

As long as my clothes fit well I know that I am in the right path, and that is all the motivation that I need.
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I take a new picture the first of each month...it is amazing to see the changes, especially if you aren't seeing results on the scale because you workout.

I can't wait to have enough pictures for a cool flip book...lol
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I take pictures once every 2 months.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love comparing old and new pictures, sometimes I forget just how far I've come until I'm looking at the differences. It's a great motivation not to let myself start slipping back too.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I didnt take a pic when I first started and I regret not donig it. I now take pics when I feel Ive made some progress. Its great to compare!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I wish I had done this!