First half marathon = CHECK!!

Options
butreally12
butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
I FINISHED MY FIRST HALF MARATHON TODAY!!!!!

I finished in 2:02... SO EXCITED!! I got a terrible stitch around 8 and so had to walk 5 minutes... kind of upset because I know I could have easily gotten under 2 hours, otherwise. But now I have something to aim for, right??

Just had to share! I've been grinning ear to ear all day! (From the couch, of course...!)

Replies

• GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well done, if you hadn't stopped and sorted out the stitch you could have been walking for longer at 9miles.
    It's a goal to smash next time:)
  • butreally12
    butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good point... that's what I keep telling myself. Thanks!!
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done. That is such an accomplishment. :)
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good point... that's what I keep telling myself. Thanks!!

I actually have a spreadsheet set up where I have all my runs from last year, their distance and the time taken, I am trying to do the same runs this year so I can compare times (not overly impressed at one of the runs changing their distance from 10k to 10miles)!!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! You must be so proud of your accomplishment!
  • DrivenByEternity
    Options
    Congrats! That is a goal of mine for this year. I finished therapy for a severe case of plantar faciitis...so I am starting all over. Congrats to you, and keep it up!
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done that's a great time :-)
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What a great time! Congrats! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!