doing everything but NO weight loss

Options
Hi. Im 28 yr old female, 5ft5" and weigh 205lb (14st7lb).I was on the depo provera contraception for 2 yr which made me gain 4 stone oin weight.... I have been on the lifestyle programme with my local gp for 12 month now but lost no weight. My weight never goes more than a kg n never goes below..always around the same..in the last 6 weeks .I walk 3 miles a day after dinner and do that 5 times per week. I dont have sugar I use sweeteners, eat fruit n veggies although more fruit. I do not over eat, if anything I have to make myself eat as I very rarely feel hungry, my belly always feels bloated and even one peice of toast can make me feel bloated and full. My gp says im over eating? ? Far from the truth if anything I didnt eat enough. .....I do over 10, 000 steps a day everyday. I use exercise bike on spinning for 15 min every morning mon to fri. Eat breakfast n have fruit or meat for lunch n pasta or potatoes or sumet healthy for dinner.....where am I going wrong?? Been like this for ova a yr!!HELP!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Your doctor's right—you're underestimating your food. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Log your food, every last little item that you eat, and keep a track on it for a week with the food tracker and see how much you are eating the most important thing is to accurate and honest with yourself.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    after working out, are u eating enough? You should, at least eat 1/2 of your exercise calories back....
  • siouxsiesponge123
    Options
    if you are not eating enough your body mighty b in starvation mode and therefore holding onto every last lb. check out the glycemic index on the foods that you are eating as well. Potatoes are very high and therefore your body turns them into sugar and stores them as fat as your body releases insulin to move the rush of sugar. if you want to loose weight eat between 1200 - 1400 calories a day as 3 meals and a snack inbetween lunch and dinner. exercise at least 4 times a day for 20 min with 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown. really excercie not just walking. check out jillian michaels ripped in 30!!! fantastic drink lots of water and ditch the sweetner get your sugar from fruits good luck
  • mimacarol
    mimacarol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners and processed sugar and processed foods will sabotage you no matter what the calorie totals. Try eating only whole foods: meats, fish, veggies and fruit. Skip the processed foods and report back!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything you eat and drink for the next couple of weeks. You don't really know what you're consuming unless you count it all. You could be taking in too many calories/carbs/sugars without realising. So many of us thought we were eating healthily before we found mfp
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    after working out, are u eating enough? You should, at least eat 1/2 of your exercise calories back....

This is only correct if you are using the MFP method to lose weight.

Do you weigh your food?
  • heidifritz627
    heidifritz627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Do you have a scale and measuring cups to quantify your foods? You may be misjudging the portions.
  • lottylulu1969
    lottylulu1969 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ehample
    ehample Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds like too much salt, sugar and carbs. Especially close to bed. Try packaging your lunch ahead and eating throughout the day. You should be eating small portions every two to four hours. Total calories still have to be under 2000 with the amount of exercise you are doing. Most important is, as everyone has mentioned, to log all food accurately, this will identify pit falls. Utilize the reports section to chart carbs, fats and other high fat areas. If that doesn't work I highly recommend a nutritionist. Good luck.