Am i doing something wrong?

Options
Hi all. So i've been at the gym for the past month and a bit.I had one week off due to doing my back in. I keep having back spasms. I don't know why!

Starting weight and date: 10/02/2014. 14st 9pounds 93kg.

16/03/2014- 14st 6 pounds 92kg.

I do zumba every sunday. Wednesdays step and tone. Another day normal gym so about 400-500 cal lost. So that is over 1000 cal burnt a week just at gym.

Can some one help me please.

I've lost 3 pounds and about 1 and a half/ 2 inches from my thighs, waist and arms. Nothing from my back or my butt.

Feeling so demotivated :( i'm trying to keep to my calories too.

Thank you

p.s we also do a little bit of weights e.g leg press machine.

Replies

• jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary? whats your food like?
    20% exercise and 80% diet is the way I like to look at it.
  • kinni101
    kinni101 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Jac, thank you for replying. I've opened everything up would appreciate you having a glance. I think i eat ok to be honest.

Well done on your lost i hope i get a number like that (that wouldn't even be half way for me)!

x
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You've lost 3 lbs in a month with taking a week off. You're doing fine. You will be more likely to keep it off if you continue at this pace of approx 1lb/wk. I know, not the advice you want to hear. :-( But, try to think long term.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at your diary yet. but I will say that you can't control where fat comes off first or last. All you can do is continue to train hard and hit your calorie goals.

Do you use a food scale? If not, get one so you know how much you are really eating.
  • kinni101
    Options
    Thanks guys. i did do slimming world (lost nearly a stone in 8 weeks) put it all back on in a month! so i;m good with food sizes etc.

I am hoping this stays off longer just knowing i need to loose alot of pounds is sad as i haven't dented it yet!on wards and upwards hey
  • Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about three weeks for my gym work to show up on the scale. I notice that when I'm sore, I weigh as much as 3 pounds heavier than when I'm not. This week, all my hard work is finally showing up. Hang in there, keep doing what you're doing, you'll do great. I didn't look at your food diary, so I'm assuming you're staying within your calorie range.
  • kinni101
    Options
    It has taken me about three weeks for my gym work to show up on the scale. I notice that when I'm sore, I weigh as much as 3 pounds heavier than when I'm not. This week, all my hard work is finally showing up. Hang in there, keep doing what you're doing, you'll do great. I didn't look at your food diary, so I'm assuming you're staying within your calorie range.

hi Mistyvs thank you for replying.

I am but then i'm thinking am i eating the wrong types of food? my body is always sore!!i had lost two pounds really in the first 2 and half weeks. so in last two weeks only lost one pounds (and inches) but i've been working really hard past two weeks hence feelings blah!x
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I used to do slimming world and yes I did lose a lot of weight but my portions were way to big!! Eat the slimming world way but count the calories at the same time??
    I'm 168lbs I count calories I eat 1500 plus 400 on top which I burn and I lost 3lb this week
    I thought I was eating to much but 3lb loss is great for me :-) x
  • kinni101
    Options
    I used to do slimming world and yes I did lose a lot of weight but my portions were way to big!! Eat the slimming world way but count the calories at the same time??
    I'm 168lbs I count calories I eat 1500 plus 400 on top which I burn and I lost 3lb this week
    I thought I was eating to much but 3lb loss is great for me :-) x
    [/quote

Hey, well done on your lost! i've stopped slimming world way as in the mug shot were how many cals but i stuck by with veg and meat etc trying to eat healthier! would love to loose 3 pounds a week!it feels like will take ages to get to my goal