Snack ideas

Options
:smile: Ok, so I join MFP in January and have only lost 3 lbs. I know one of my problems is at work, my snack drawer isn't the healthiest (my work is sedentary). So does anybody have some suggestions of what kind of snacks would be good to have around? Please and Thank you. :bigsmile:

Replies

• frankiejs
    frankiejs Posts: 10
    Options
    Why dont you try graze boxes?
    i snack on fruit - bananas are quite filling!
    i also like 'food doctor' corn chip thins
    carrot sticks and houmous
    ryvita and lightest philadelphia
    nature valley cereal bars
    dried fruit and almonds
  • cumbriajane
    cumbriajane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Empty your snack drawer. It is the only way to get going and beat temptation.

I take a selection of raw veg to work with me. Celery, peppers, carrots, baby corn, sugar snap peas and cucumber. Other days I have a boiled egg or some sliced turkey and cheese.

Cottage cheese with ryvita is a filling snack that is low cal/low carb.
  • clgray2211
    clgray2211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely carrot sticks and hummus! And try cucumber/pepper sticks with it too. Bananas area good snack as they are really filling (dried banana may be more appropriate for a snack draw at work). Something that's easy to keep in your draw would be raisins or sultanas, nuts are good but full of fat (good fat!) so only eat in small amounts. I find almonds the most filling. Rice crackers, but they are quite plain and cardboard like if they don't have any form of spread or flavouring. Also, bread sticks & chutney for dipping, chutney tends to keep well so would be good for work!
    Also, don't be too hard on yourself! And good luck, hope this helps x
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You could always try making some banana oat cookies, they are so yummy :)
    I use:
    1 90g banana
    40g Quaker oats (rolled oats)
    20g Dark choc chips (optional, you could add milk or white choc etc)
    20g Dried Cranberries(optional, you could use raisins etc)
    Mush the banana up and add the oats, followed by the rest of your chosen ingredients, cook on gas mark 4 for 10-15mins and they are done!
    This makes 8 cookies, depending on what brand ingredients you use, and for me they equal 52 calories per cookie :)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I snack a lot.

My usuals:

String cheese
    Crackerbread
    Jelly (Jello) pots
    Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple chunks, grapes
    Cup-a-Soups
    Banana Chips
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't have snacks available at the office - if I do, I find I eat them just because they are there, not because I'm hungry.

I make a smoothie each morning to take to work & sip away until lunch. At least this way I know I'm getting some good nutrients. I make a lovely one with spinach, banana, almond milk, vanilla yogurt, chia seeds & hemp seeds - 200 cals & tastes fab (can't taste the spinach at all). That's my snack:-)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky and popcorn.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Celery
    Cheesesticks - sharp cheddar
    Hard Boiled eggs
    oranges
    grapefruit
    banana
    pickles
    cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, string cheese, a small yogurt container, or Clif bar are my go-to's.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Skinny pop popcorn(100 cal bag) and Pretzel M&M's (150 cal per bag) 100 cal almonds...
  • caellen518
    caellen518 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop popcorn! Also, I'm a big fan of Go Picnic meals. I'll take one to work and only allow myself to snack on what's in one box all day, depending on the type of box some of them even include food that makes for a decent lunch.
  • ninacambron
    ninacambron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    turkey snack sticks are good and satisfing. only 45 calories, each and practically carb free. maybe a low cal cereal bar, It might help to get rid of that snack drawer, and just bring your daily snacks with you. that way, you won't be tempted.
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Google "sustained energy fruits" or "complex carbohydrates" to get ideas for foods that will keep you feeling full longer, so you don't snack as much.
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Banana oat cookies look yummy!!! The recipe makes 8? I'd likely eat all of them!
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    100 cal popcorn
    60 cal sugar free vanilla pudding
    fruit

these are the only things I snack on as I eat a fairly large lunch and dinner
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Look for Matt's Munchies (sold on amazon). Not cheap but a great snack. My favorite so far is apricot.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I snack on things already listed.

I have to bring my snacks for the day from home. I can't have a snack drawer at work because if it is there - I will eat it.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly is practically nothing calorie-wise. I usually add some tinned mandarin and different flavour layers to mix it up. It stores fine out of the fridge. Big cereals are also good.
  • andyrh525
    Options
    Fruit, yogurt and granola bars.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with blueberries and cinnamon.