Can't exercise? You can still lose with mfp's help ( pics)

Options
s1rens0ng
s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
A couple of years ago I hurt my back lifting my daughter to safety during a seizure and gained a lot of weight in a short time because i couldn't move about hardly or stand and cook for my family so i ordered out for a few month, by the time i seen a surgeon he said he would operate that day but i was now obese... so lose weight!
I went from a fit healthy mother of 4 and full time carer to my daughter to having to be cared for myself ..SO I tried all the well known diets which encourage a lifestyle change and healthy balanced diets. While they worked great for my friends and family they didn't work for me as I couldn't exercise as well.

This time last year i was on holiday and seen how big I had become in the photos, i had also started up a charity and been organising charity events while i was stuck on my back, to raise money for kids disability aids and had to take part in them all.. I was determined to get fit again. This was something to focus on.

I couldn't cook so signed up with diet chef and their ready meals and they suggested i sign up to mfp to keep track of everything and the support and people here help a lot to get you through.. it has worked but if i leave mfp i find i pile the weight back on so I guess your stuck with me!

i was 18st.2lbs. and I'm NOW 15st.2lbs .. I still have 3st 1lb to lose at least, but I'm half way there..

823a9505-8bf2-49be-a29a-6433a5871f64_zps20892356.png

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You look great and I'm sure you can go the whole way :)
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, and keep up the good work!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yea for you! I see you reaching your goal!
  • Catherine0910
    Options
    I am the same i can,t exercise as i am disabled and i need an operation on my bowel & my surgeon said she won,t do it unless i lose some weight. I was in denial for a while about my weight gain until i went to my aunt,s funeral, at the wake i looked into a full length mirror in the ladies toilets and was mortified what i was seeing, i realised then that i just had to do something so my doctors have now started me on Orlistat tablets which means i am only allowed so much fat in my diet. I wasn,t sure how i would do this until i found mfp, i am now on track and can not wait for the weight to drop off. All together i need to lose 7 stone so here goes fingers & toes crossed!! Good luck in your journey to lose weight i am sure you are going to do it & i think it is great what you have already lost your looking fab. x
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!!! You look great :)
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am the same i can,t exercise as i am disabled and i need an operation on my bowel & my surgeon said she won,t do it unless i lose some weight. I was in denial for a while about my weight gain until i went to my aunt,s funeral, at the wake i looked into a full length mirror in the ladies toilets and was mortified what i was seeing, i realised then that i just had to do something so my doctors have now started me on Orlistat tablets which means i am only allowed so much fat in my diet. I wasn,t sure how i would do this until i found mfp, i am now on track and can not wait for the weight to drop off. All together i need to lose 7 stone so here goes fingers & toes crossed!! Good luck in your journey to lose weight i am sure you are going to do it & i think it is great what you have already lost your looking fab. x

Cathrine add me if you like you can see my diary and maybe get some help through that if nothing else its portion sizes .. keeping diaries here is a great help to me. Good luck to you too x

Thanks everyone I know things are going to get tougher now :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!