Scale Addictions!!!

2»

Replies

• sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    I have found that it is best to choose one day a week to weigh in.... wear the same thing every time... and weigh at the same time each week.... for instance... weigh at 7 am on Monday mornings in a t shirt and shorts. I always weight before I eat or drink anything, and after going to the restroom. The least amount of variables the better indication of your actual weight. Drinking a cup of coffee can make you show up a pound heavier on the scale. My doctor told me that a persons weight can fluctuate as much as 10 pounds over the course of a day due to eating, drinking, swelling, clothing and shoes, etc.
  • Every morning I happily weigh myself, and then I do it again every night. It is an addiction, I agree with that. But I know due to my sodium intake and swelling, I will weigh 3 to 4 pounds higher at night. The good part about this is that I always know I'll weigh less in the morning :)
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    I'm Stephanie, and I have a scale addiction! I hate being addicted to the scale. I too would weigh myself two or three times a day. Every time I went into the bathroom I would get on it. So, for Lent, I decided to give it up. Well, our pastor says that we can do whatever we gave up on Sundays. Today was the first day I weighed myself since the start of Lent on March 5th. I have been staying under my calorie goal, and working out every day but Sunday for 45 min to an hour each time. The scale was up today from last time I weighed!:O. I am so done with the scale now. I like the idea of having someone hide it from me. I think I will have my husband hide it and not get it back out until Easter. I know the scale doesn't matter as much as how I look and feel. Thank you for this post!
  • calliegirl1973
    calliegirl1973 Posts: 23 Member
    I used to weigh myself a lot more than i do now. sometimes once a day some times not, depends.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    this is me definitely. I cant help it everytime I walk past it. it calls my name. I weight when I get up and after exercise and before bed.. I only count it once a week in the morning as far as official weight goes but yes when it goes up I am frustrated and when it goes down I am happy. your weight at night is only the food you have in your stomach. it takes 12 hours to truly digest it. check it tomorrow you know you will. it will be back down. I think I need to hide the batteries from my self but probably wont. :drinker: :flowerforyou: