120 LBS LOST!!! (PICS)

Options
cm1458
cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
I've got a little story to share. WAY back in January of 2011, I started cutting out any beverage that wasn't water and started working out (Variations of jogging and an array of Jillian's work out DVDs). I lost 120lbs. I got down to 145 at 5'9 tall. I was a size 6-8. One day I decided I was tired and that I didn't have to work out because I'd already been doing it for so long. 3 months went by and I hadn't done any exercise, and I was BINGING too. Before I knew it, I was back up to 190 in less than 6 months. I didn't realize how bad it got until a couple weeks ago. SOME people can eat like that and "Get away with it." But not me. I have PCOS, which is a genetic female hormone-related ovarian-cyst disease. This means that it will almost always be harder for me to lose weight and keep it off than women who don't have it. I have gained 11 pounds overnight before and it's taken me a month or longer to lose it. This has happened more times than I can count.

BUT I can HONESTLY say that I am SO proud of myself and the week I have had. I started out the week depressed and stressed and I honestly didn't think I could take anymore. What did I do? I brought everything I had! I broke this plateau that I've had for almost a year, I Worked my butt off...I didn't stop when I was tired. I stopped when I was done. This week I have burned almost 2,500 calories, and have only had one rest day. THIS WEEK I started jogging again and I also started believing again. I've been struggling for a LONG time. I have dropped almost 4lbs in 7 days.

I'm still working too!

If I can do it anyone can!

Where will you be in 6 months?

29d50f8e-2b54-47b7-9f78-e73411886153_zps2796ee13.jpg

EDIT : fix link!

Replies

• ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Keep working! You look amazing in that dress!! When it comes to health nothing is too hard.

When I first glanced at your progress bar I thought it was a um.... fake...um... "male"....
    I had to stare at it a second. I felt like a 12 year old boy.
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! A bunch of us know what it's like to loose a lot just to gain it back and have to start all over again. Great work :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have PCOS also and losing even a pound is a struggle.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Super inspiring - you look awesome. great job!!!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job :)
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    Congrats!!! Very inspirational!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness you look great my friend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!