Do you log your fruits and veggies...

Options
Mrsjqp
Mrsjqp Posts: 6 Member
Do you log your calories from fruits and veggies. ..I'm a former ww user and was accustom to not counting fruits and veggies

Replies

• erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log both, even though veggies only have a little bit of calories I still think they count. As for fruit, definitely because some have more calories than you may think. I know when I first started on here I didn't think that a banana could be 100 calories, and depending on the size of them, they are! Same as a lot of other fruits.
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would recommend it.
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Even condiments, if it has calories Log it.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I log them all. For things like Spinach (which is 7 calories a cup) or lettuce I eyeball the amounts. I measure or weigh the rest. Fruits have a lot of calories so I measure/weigh them and add them. I could eat all my daily calories in grapes alone :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options

me too, some of those things can add up when you least expect it. if you bite it, write it
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yes. They still have calories so I log them.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Yep^
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I log both, even though veggies only have a little bit of calories I still think they count. As for fruit, definitely because some have more calories than you may think. I know when I first started on here I didn't think that a banana could be 100 calories, and depending on the size of them, they are! Same as a lot of other fruits.

I swear every banana I've ever weighed has been more than 100 calories. I get some pretty fat apples too.

I do not bother to log ultra low calorie items such as a baby carrot or two eaten plain. But I have to log things at least once to truly know the fit in this category. There are some nasty surprises out there! :angry:
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    I do sometimes. I eat a lot of random raw veggies. I don't always log 3 slices of cucumber or 1/4 a bell pepper or whatever because it takes a long time to record a salad that way..... I did in the beginning because it was fun to see how over I was in my micronutrients. I wish MFP kept track of more micros and I would probably record veggies more. Maybe I should anyway..... I always log fruits and more calorie-dense "veggies" like tomatoes, carrots, snap-peas, starchy veggies etc.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I log everything that has a caloric value to it
  • addictedtosweat
    Options
    Yes, I do. The green veggies ehh no. But the fruits definitely :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Yes because they contain carbs and calories.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log fruits and vegetables, it adds up and I want to make sure I stay at a deficit.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! This is why I hated WW. they make thins too complicated and basically set you up for failure.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I log it all. How do you know how much you're eating if you don't?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I log it all. How do you know how much you're eating if you don't?

magic?
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm counting calories and they have calories. Fruit & Veg calories can add up quite quickly.
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am a current WW member and I log all 0 point foods on both sites. This one will have a bright red lecture if you are too low and the fruit and veggies will at least up the calorie count.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I log veg and fruits. They have calories no matter what WW says, and as such need to be accounted for in my diet, even if I eat a small amount or if the calories in the item are few (like spinach as was mentioned at 7 calories a cup - side note, I also WEIGH my food, and NOT measure by cups because I don't know about you, but I could, and likely would, cram and cram and cram end up with well over a "serving" of spinach in a 1 cup measure, but if I am going by weight there is no "fudge factor," 100 grams is 100 grams, black and white. If I'm going to the trouble of counting the calories in my spinach, at least I am going to be accurate!)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I log everything, I track sugar and fruits and veggies have a lot of sugar.

I weigh and measure to make sure I am getting what I need to function.