New member, scared and need to lose 150lbs!

Options
Hello,

Since this is a introduce yourself thread, I'll start with that. My names Kathryn, I am 20 and I'm from the United Kingdom. I'm 5"7 in height and weigh 269 lbs. This is all new to me, but I need to lose weight for myself and to be healthy. I'll be honest, I also suffer with mental conditions.. the common depression, anxiety and then I also have Borderline Personality Disorder. So for me, every-day is a battle.

I don't know how this will go for me or if this will go well. But I'll be trying my hardest. So yeah, if you'd like to support me and the same in return. Drop me a friend request.

Much love,

Kathryn

Replies

• knyfz
    knyfz Posts: 6
    Options
    Don't worry about a thing. You will do awesome if you keep up with eating healthy and doing excersise every day. The heavier you are, the faster you lose weight. I would love to send you a friend request. :)
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome, great start to join and introduce yourself, feel free to add me!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also 5'7", started at 265, and today is day 7 of my getting back to it since early November. I struggle with junk food...chocolate, cakes, and chips. I'm trying to fit them in by exercising to accommodate those calories. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • aprilw2222
    aprilw2222 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We are all here trying to do the same thing. Lose weight and get healthy. Jump on board and get the feedback and encouragement you need. Add me as a friend
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't worry you can do this, we actually have pretty similar stats. I'm 5'7" as well, started 276 (yikes) and currently down 22lbs in about 2months, started off quick and has slowed to a good rate. Now 253.8lbs. Goal weight is first 160 but I think ultimately 140-150ish would be ideal for me. It takes some time to get used to logging but is so worth it and in time just becomes a habit. Most people on here are super helpful I find! Sending a friend request your way, I started feeling pretty overwhelmed but now it's habit to log daily I just hit a 60day streak of logging in which I couldn't have imagined doing before!
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And welcome to your new journey! So many nice people here to help you along the way. It will still be your determination to succeed but many will help you when you get stuck or just help keep your spirits in check! Welcome to your new life!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am 5'5" and started out at 298!! I am now 263 (last I weighed on March 1st).
    I want to get to probably around 160... My first goal is 198 to 100 pounds lost.

I am bipolar and suffer from depression and SEVERE anxiety as well...I know what it's like to want to give up some days... It gets hard but it's so worth it.
    My husband and I are trying to start a family and with the many medical conditions I have (including infertility caused by pcos) I decided that I HAVE to get control of my weight. I have too many medical conditions and problems for someone that is only 33. My father in law turns 70 this year and he is a million times more healthy than I am.