How many times did you start over?

Options
So, I'm quite certain I've lost count of my "I'm seriously doing it this time" starts and consequent failures. I've got to do it for my little boy - got to, got to, got to.

Replies

• ndnss83
    ndnss83 Posts: 12
    Options
    me too quit so many times in few applications in net.. finally im here hoping this will be my last time ... i should do this for me to live more years with my hubby.. to reduce my medications... lets ado it .. we must...
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's only failure if you give up. It's not about how many times we fall. It's about dusting yourself and pressing forward. I've learned that being too hard on myself contributes to my "what's the point" thinking. I've learned that having a bad day, week, month, or year(s) doesn't mean I can't start again with a clean slate. Drop the "all or nothing" mentality and realize that slow progress is STILL progress. I know it sounds like I'm throwing a bunch of platitudes at you, but changing your thinking can change your life in so many ways...make small goals and take it one day at a time...
  • Teee71
    Teee71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeh, dont beat yourself up, we all slip up from time to time, I know I certainly do and its back to 'logged 5 days in a row' - again. Just dont give up, I read somewhere that putting the weight on didnt happen over night, so taking the weight off wont either.,so true. good luck anyway.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've only "seriously" tried once before this. Back in 2010 I lost about 10 lbs and got down to about 208, which is the lowest I've been since like sophomore year of high school. Didn't really try again until a few months ago, and now I'm down to 235 from 265. Honestly, it's all in your head. You just have to keep at it.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hiyah I think the key is never stop. when you are doing well keep going, when things get rough keep going. Do not do anything drastic that you will get fed up of. Have lots of patience as its a bumpy ride. Do not give up anything completely that you love just try your best to eat it in moderation. Very best of luck. Do it for you and your little one.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Every time I had to. Of course, one time it took me years to start over. From now on I need to remind myself to start over sooner!