Newish - friends wanted

Options
Hi Everyone,

I joined this a few weeks ago - and have been fairly diligent.

I wouldn't say I'm over weight (although my BMI is technically just below overweight (started at 24.1) I just want to work towards being thin and fit!

I love exercising - and this has reminded me how much I do actually enjoy it - I've joined the gym, and have been exercising 3 - 5 times a week.

I don't enjoy food anywhere near as much - I eat more because I should. I eat lazily - I live alone and feel I eat because I am lazy or bored. I have found I don't really hit my required calorie intake during the week because I'm so cautious about not going over (and not really using my exercise calories)

Then weekends - because I drink too much, I always blow my calories on alcohol Friday!!:drinker: (and as such not quite ready to make my diary open)
Additionally due to being seedy - I haven't been exercising on weekend

Looking for some friends to follow - motivate with etc.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hello. Good luck, you're aware of you habits, now its time to focus oin the good ones..
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hello. Good luck, you're aware of you habits, now its time to focus oin the good ones..
  • scalpay
    Options
    Hi Jodi, welcome to Mfp. I had the same problem, eating because bored. Or while reading. Especially stuff like chocolate. Well have fun on this page, add me if you like. Reading other peoples posts keeps the motivation up ;)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I purposely do not keep junk in the house for that very reason, because I am also single and live alone, and know exactly what would happen if I kept ice cream, cookies, chips, etc. in the pantry. I've tried "being disciplined" with it before, but boredom and laziness usually takes over. By the way, I'll add you as a friend if you wish!
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can understand the hard times being bored and eating. I normally plan to eat several times a day. I eat 200 cals a little after I get at at 7am, I eat 100 cals at 8:30, 200 more at 11:00, 200 more at 4pm and then the rest at dinner at 6pm and then a small snack around 60 cals before bedtime. I believe by planning those small little bits every few hours helps with cravings when you;re bored as you know you will get something to eat in a little bit. Diet coke and rum is my choice the times i am able to go out. Its the fruity drinks that are extremely high in calories.