Huge binge, will I gain?

Options
First of all, please do not judge me because i feel really weak emotionally and I just want to cut off all my skin and go away and scream and I can't stop crying.
Well, so today I had 840 calories and burned 264, so 574 (it is too loo, i know, but please...just ...)and everything was going good but then something (BINGE ALERT) came to me, and i literally ate like a cow.
So i ate
2 slices of pizza= 350 calories
cupcakes: 800/900 calories
chocolate: 140 calories
2 0% yogurts: 48 each one, so 96
Total:1516 calories (hope not more, omg) + 574 =2090!! and my goal was on 1.200, srsly...

And i am feeling so so so so bloated and guilty, and i look pregnant. SO SO BLOATED. my question: WILL I GAIN MUCH WITH THIS STUPID BINGE? how can i fix it tomorrow?
Im feeling so so so down, i wont go to school just because I cant face it, i am having anxiety again.
and i am already going to a doctor, but today i just had this awful day.

Replies

• paula5077
    paula5077 Posts: 57
    Options
    It depends on the binge really...such as how often you do this. Look at this http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/cheat-day#., BUT also read this http://www.livestrong.com/article/471552-will-one-night-of-binging-ruin-my-diet/ I hope this helps you! And cheer up, it's not the end of the world. Anything can be fixed :-D
  • skinnycindi62
    Options
    Don't panic.. I had a really great day Friday, then met my husband for drinks and dinner...well the drinks led to too much food so I was nervous just like you....try to log it so you can see how much you ate, then let it go...start right now eating right, drink plenty of water, not diet soda or energy drink, just water...and start fresh tomorrow... it will be okay..and by the way when I woke up Saturday morning and weighed myself I lost 1/2 pound, but don't get excited... I gained 1/2 on Sunday even tho I behaved all day Saturday...oh well...just keep on keepin on!!!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There are several reasons why binge eating occurs. One of those is when people who don't have much fat to lose assume larger than needed caloric deficits - based on what you typed, you may be one of them.

With only 7 kg to lose, and exercising, you should be consuming more than 1200 calories total. You ought to be eating maybe 300 calories below what's needed to maintain your weight at your present activity level. Your maintenance intake may be in the neighborhood of 2000 - or a little less or even more.

And the bloated feeling may be due to the high-sodium content and carbs from the pizza and other foods combined. You could also be bloated if you chronically restrict to a very low-calorie amount then "binge" on what is probably maintenance level of calories.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    That's not classified as a binge!!! just a little over eating... maybe?? but who am I to judge if you look on my diary... lol... but don't worry about it. Just start over tomorrow. Rome was not built in a day... you'll be fine. The food that you had sounds yummy and in my opinion it was worth it... but start over tomorrow as if it didn't happen. And on the rare occasions it do, just start over again.
  • princessblanquisima
    princessblanquisima Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks, any tip to get rid off the extra calories? like running or...?
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    You need to stop thinking that a 2000 calorie day is a binge and that "extra" calories need to be burned - that's an average intake for a woman to maintain her body composition. Just be more consistent with the calories you eat instead of restricting so much.
  • princessblanquisima
    Options
    i have noticed that if i eat more than 600 cals, i win weight
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You gain weight when you've eaten 3500 calories OVER what you actually burn daily.

So for example, maybe you burn 2000 calories/day on average. In order for you to gain 1 lb of weight, you'd have to eat 2500 calories every day for a week.

One day of over eating wouldn't do that. Back to our example - you'd have to eat 5500 (2000 + 3500) calories to gain 1 lb in a day. Maybe it's time to read up on how to gain and lose weight.

Here's an awesome primer:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Edited to add:
    Don't try to fix it. 1200 calories is likely unreasonably low for you (which probably triggered the binge). Listen to SideSteel (link above). The bloating is just the extra food and water retention that will even out in a few days. Drink lots of water. Eat a normal, healthy amount of food tomorrow and the day after and the day after.
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    If your old username was Blanqblanq, you need to get help for your ED. Eating so little could be life-threatening long-term.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yes like 12 lbs of pure unadulterated fat
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Get professional help.
    Your post really does scream eating disorder, speaking as someone who had one,
    No-one here can help with such an unhealthy mindset.
  • princessblanquisima
    Options
    I think the problem is that idk when going on the scale. I always go after eating!
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First off dont be so hard on yourself! You will be fine! Drink lots of water, and have some green tea tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day. Just make better choices. Keep your head up! check out my facebook page jaysways2bhealthy! ;-) Read some stuff I wrote on there. It will help you out!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    yeah, 2 slices of pizza cupcake and chocolate isn't a binge at all
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Bump your calories up and you wont binge!!!

Try it : )
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Stay off the scale for at least four days if you can. That will give the water weight time to go away. The rest is a minimal gain that you can lose within a few days to a week by careful calorie control. Warning: If you restrict calories too much, you're setting yourself up for another binge.
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is to just move on. Think about why it happened:

1. Depriving yourself by eating too little in your diet
    2. Thinking of it as a diet rather than a lifestyle change
    3. Depressed/Happy - are your eating habits tied to your emotions?
    etc

Try to work on the reasons why it happened and avoid those situations if possible. But do not do extra exercise or cut your calories further, it's happened, it can't be changed so just move on. Beating yourself up about it won't help, but understanding the circumstances that lead to it will.

I would also like to reiterate what others have said, I think you're eating too little with only 1200 calories (but without knowing your height or weight it's hard to be certain) and 2000 is not a binge, all you have done is eat to maintenance. I would call it a cheat day, maybe in future you could give yourself a day where you can do this and not feel guilty.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    if you binge everyday ...yes
    once a week ...NO
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You need to seek professional help, your attitude and thoughts are not something anyone online is able to help you with.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Please seek counseling. No one can live on 600 calories a day. You're only 18 according to your profile. You need way more than 600 calories and if eating up to 1600 was on a binge day, then you definitely have a problem. You're so young, get help now before you destroy your health. Best wishes, I'll be praying for you.