Healthy easy lunch ideas

Options
Hi I'm just wondering if you could help me with lunch ideas It's the hardest meal of the day for me I normally have either a poached egg on 1 piece of toast for breakfast or sometimes porridge and that will keep me going until lunch time but I never know what to have so I normally eat a sandwich which makes me have more carbs then anything else so I would prefer to not have bread after breakfast so if anyone can give me some ideas I would be great full thanks

Replies

• jamesisaac108
    Options
    That's not enough calories for breakfast. Try couple of eggs and fresh fruit for breakfast. Or oatmeal and fruit. Low fat dairy is great too! Realistically, you want to keep your breakfast at around 500 or 600 calories with lots of protein in it. That will more than keep you going until lunch. I get food prepared ahead of time. Whole grains or beans or both for lunch and dinner. But since you wanted a recipe...I could have this every day of the year!

http://www.food.com/recipe/shorbat-adas-middle-eastern-lentil-soup-287666
  • tarz4brez
    tarz4brez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For the last 10 years I haven't eaten breakfast my diet was a can of mother (energy drink) and then I would have my first meal at 2 pm I started my diet 2 weeks ago and it was really different to start eating breakfast some days I'm lucky to eat 800 calories a day my appetite is gone but I will give that ago thanks
  • myfairylight
    myfairylight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I also find myself thinking " what to eat for lunch?". I try to have some grilled shrimps or chicken breast with vegetables or salad. Recently, I am trying to eat cottage cheese as the protein source. I mix 50-100 grams of cottage cheese with half avocado, some ground black and chili pepper, a tiny bit of ground garlic and sea salt. I eat this together with some cucumbers (ca. 50-70 grams) and cherry tomatoes (6 pieces). You may also eat a hard boiled egg besides this so to say "cottage cheese avocado dip". Although I ate this for breakfast today, I think that's also good for lunch :)
  • tarz4brez
    tarz4brez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I normally have steamed chicken vegetables and mash potato for dinner cottage cheese I have actually never tried it I must give it a try and I love avocado I will try that for sure thanks for the idea
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    For the last 10 years I haven't eaten breakfast my diet was a can of mother (energy drink) and then I would have my first meal at 2 pm I started my diet 2 weeks ago and it was really different to start eating breakfast some days I'm lucky to eat 800 calories a day my appetite is gone but I will give that ago thanks

You definitely need to eat more. You could buy bagged salad and add chicken, cheese, and whatever toppings you enjoy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs.

and honestly if you don't want to eat breakfast- don't eat breakfast. I don't. It's fine. You'll be fine.

Eat lunch as breakfast- or whatever you need that makes it sustainable for you.
  • a_doublej
    a_doublej Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat 500-600 calories for breakfast if you aren't hungry. I'd personally rather save the calories for when I am hungry.

Light lunches. I do a lot of crockpot meals on the weekend, then bag them for throughout the week. This week it's a chicken/salsa/corn mix with a sprinkle of cheese. You can wrap the chicken up in a wheat tortilla also.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Soup or salad make excellent lunches without any refined carbs. You can always bulk them up by adding more veggies and you can control the carb/protein ratio by adding meat or beans.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Soup and salad.

Add nuts to the salad for good healthy fats and a bit of protein :)
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    There's a group here called "brown bagging for March". People post what they bring for lunch. I get lots of good ideas there.
  • hannaawh
    hannaawh Posts: 51
    Options
    There's a group here called "brown bagging for March". People post what they bring for lunch. I get lots of good ideas there.
    Can you post a link? :)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I like to make a batch of blended vegetable soup at the weekend so I have it for the first few days of the week. I throw in any vegetables we in the house, so it's different every time and I never get bored of it. I like to keep my lunches low-cal as I'm most hungry at and after dinner.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Spinach turkey cutlet bell peppers onions and I cook it all together and add mrs dash
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My "Go To" lunch is

3 oz grilled chicken
    1 large cucumber (diced)
    1/4 c feta
    diced green onions
    1 T ranch dressing

I warm the chicken up. Delish!