Day 1

Options
Hello

Day 1 of my health eating! running 10k for charity in October and looking to lose approx. 3 stone by the time I begin. Hope to hear some stories on here and get some new motivating friends.

Many Thanks
Ross

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi Ross, MFP is a great tool so it will certainly help you hit your targets. I'm a runner so feel free to add me if you wish. good luck
  • TessMacc
    TessMacc Posts: 31
    Options
    Great motivation! Which charity are you running for?
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Ross -

Welcome aboard, and get prepared for a wild ride. MFP is a great tool and there are a lot of wonderful people on the site. I've dieted off and on my whole life, and I've learned more about myself and nutrition the last 5 months on MFP then in all the years before.

Just take it one day at a time and remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

Sue
  • Ro55co28
    Ro55co28 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am running for a charity called Rainbow Valley, they aim to give people affected by cancer the choices of how they fight the disease and help compliment hospital treatment.
  • Ro55co28
    Ro55co28 Posts: 4
    Options
    how do you get the weight loss picture at the bottom of page?
  • InFitRealm
    InFitRealm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In your profile you can see the ticker. Below you have options to change/install it.
    Also:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/settings
  • sp1nn3r86
    sp1nn3r86 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ok so I think I got it now. Thanks for the help, I was just thinking to myself how do I get the ticker? Haha, u read my mind!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!:ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • sp1nn3r86
    sp1nn3r86 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you. I've edited it now too. I quite like it. Now whenever I post I see my progress. Thanks again!
  • InFitRealm
    InFitRealm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You're welcome and good luck in achieving your goal
  • ctkimmie
    ctkimmie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi Ross

Congrats on starting your journey! :-) best of luck!
  • TessMacc
    TessMacc Posts: 31
    Options
    I am running for a charity called Rainbow Valley, they aim to give people affected by cancer the choices of how they fight the disease and help compliment hospital treatment.

Great choice!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You got this! Hard work and dedication!
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great charity! Welcome to the site and feel free to add me if you like.