Do you log your fruits and veggies...

Options

Replies

• spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Fruit can really add up. Veggies are awesome as filler, and I eat a ton of them. It would be counter-productive not to log.
  • GrannieLinda
    Options
    I understand why WW takes this approach. It encourages you to eat more f&v thereby (hopefully) eating less of other not-so-good stuff. But I log pretty much everything and I think it's important to do so. And just as importantly in my book is that if I'm eating at home, I weigh pretty much everything. Except salad leaves and cucumber. My kitchen scales are never put away. Even at work I use the postal scales to weigh and account for the occasional bit of office birthday cake.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    everything.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Fruit yes, veg it depends if I am a lot under for a day I will add them, if not then probably not depending on the amount. I have a reasonable defecit to allow for the fact that I don't log perfectly. I have no app or anything so weekends at the caravan and the like are guess work if I do log them.
  • freckles753
    Options
    I log absolutely everything. Just used to doing it that way now!
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log them both but I have to create my own recipe because I do cook them differently and prepare them.
  • SofijaC
    SofijaC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i log everything
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh and log everything. Except spinach. I log it but don't weigh it.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes -- because I eat A LOT of fruits & veggies. Sometimes 1 lb of cooked veggies at one meal! Those calories do add up. And some fruits are very calorie-dense --- a large apple may have 150+ calories.
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    oh god, yeah. especially me. I'm no stranger to eating 3 bananas in a day, 3 clementines, a naval orange and an apple...
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Log EVERYTHING ..... even if it is ZERO calories. Some hotsauces for example are zero calories but are high sodium. It's worth logging to check the effects of waterweight as a result of increased sodium intake....
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Why wouldn't you log fruits/veggies, when you're counting calories??? :huh:
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Omigoodness yes! The MFP food diary and calorie counter assumes you are logging everything you put in your mouth. You will be very surprised how it adds up. Very good for you to eat all those fruit and veggies, especially fresh when you can get them, but they will impact your calorie total and your rate of success.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to MFP.
  • gshegog
    gshegog Posts: 1
    Options
    I think it depends on why you're trying to lose weight. I generally don't log raw fruit and veg, as I'm more concerned about the health benefits of losing weight, rather than logging every single calorie. Personally, I think if you get hung up about every single calorie, even if they're coming from healthy foods, that's not going to be sustainable long term. But that's just personal preference. I'm actually logging everything at the moment, because I'm trying to lose another 24 pounds to get my BMI down for IVF, but once I've done that I'll go back to not bothering to log cucumber etc!

:smile:
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I log all that. Like other people are saying, if it goes in your mouth LOG IT!
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    if you bite it, write it

I love this!
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    yes, Plus I found having a calorie deficit made me want to bulk my meals more with veggies and they can easily take up 100 -200 calories in a day
    Definitely log fruit.
  • jess17587
    jess17587 Posts: 153
    Options
    thats my problem! i do log them all so now i think if i don't have the same amount or more calories in fruit/vege a day i will gain weight i think unless it is a well knowen caloire fruit like bannanas or advacado or dried fruit dont start the logging
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    yes, but as a diabetic, I track carb intake and fruits and veggies have carbs
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yes...