Wine

Options
I like to have a glass of wine either with dinner or while I am makinig it......I always count the calories into to my diet and never go over. Does anyone know if this will effect my weight loss???

Replies

• HippyChx
    HippyChx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to have a glass of wine either with dinner or while I am makinig it......I always count the calories into to my diet and never go over. Does anyone know if this will effect my weight loss???
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    I don't think having a glass of wine will have any adverse effects on your weight loss...I think your body - for the most part - metabolizes alcohol as it would carbs and sugar. As long as you are counting it into your allotted calories for the day, I think you'll be perfectly fine enjoying that wine!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    wine has 7cal per gram....closer to fat at 9cal per gram that carbs and protein at 4 cal per gram. make sure it's within your daily but also remember it is really closer to a fat.....
    i had an reg. dietician evaluation and i could only have 4 fat servings per day...alcohol counted in the fats just like butter and mayo......

good luck!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Just watch and see if it seems to slow you down or not. I bloat and don't lose weight when I have a glass of wine. The bloat lasts 2-3 days with just one glass. So for me I challenged myself not to have any alcohol until I'm at the weight I want to be at. For other people it doesn't seem to matter, as long as the calories are counted. Good luck.
  • Aprilxlirpa
    Aprilxlirpa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/21618-alcohol

There's a really good link in here
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Actually I read that wine, being mostly a carb, also hinders fat loss. I actually makes your body hold on to the fat.